Why are they so quick to shun?

by Crazyguy 18 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• gymbob
    gymbob

The same reason they had to come up with "Disassociation". Too many people were leaving the organization and sharing WHY they were leaving and what they had learned. The WT society cannot have its members talking about that kind of stuff with former members, even if they haven't done anything worthy of being DF'd. Family members can talk about anything else, but not the religion, simple as that.

• Ding
    Ding

I think it's because they've been indoctrinated to believe that it's obey the GB and elders or be DFd and annihilated at Armageddon.

• AlphaMan
    AlphaMan

JW's shun because.....IT'S A CULT!!!

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

why are parents and loved ones so quick to shun?? I mean it can be shown biblically . . . . .

TIME OUT!

What does "BIBLICALLY" have to do with anything?

You new here?

Doc

• smiddy
    smiddy

Doesnt the parable of the prodigal son contradict jehovahs witnesses interpretation of shunning ? Or ist it just another example of the bible contradicting itself .

smiddy

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

I think they are quick to shun for the reasons above, and for another.

Fear.

They are afraid to face any challenge to their beliefs. So, particularly if it is for doctrinal reasons, or to do with the Organization, the lack of love, the child abuse scandal etc. that a loved one has left, they do not wish to even think about these things.

Even if one has been DF'd for fornication, they do not wish to have contact with the person because that person has challenged their belief by not sticking to the rules.

Their "faith" is the most shallow and weak of almost any religion.

• Watchtower-Free
    Watchtower-Free

Because they are scared to death of any critical thought. The cult cannot stand up to rational scrutiny .

Its purely to protect their delusion .

• fresh prince of ohio
    fresh prince of ohio

'You either love JEHOVAH (i.e., the Organization), or you love THEM. It's YOUR CHOICE. You can't have both. If you love the former, then you MUST despise the latter. If you love the latter, then you are indicating a lack of love for the former - and you KNOW where that will lead you.'

This "choice" (if you call it that), and the it's-a-life-or-death-matter importance of making the right one, is what is put in front of JWs and continuously reinforced, to where it has become one of the defining means by which individual JWs gauge their strength in the faith (and by implication, their likelihood of surviving armageddon).

JWism: Go to meetings, go out in field service, shun the GODDAM traitors, don't breathe a single word that would indicate doubt, and you're good - you won't die.

• fresh prince of ohio

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit