the annointed- let me get this straight

by nowwhat? 17 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Ding
    Ding

Given that the GB says that no one can understand the Bible without the GB to explain it to them, why do JWs quote the Bible to people and encourage them to read the Bible?

Also, if JWs are incapable of understanding what the Bible is saying, what makes them capable of understanding what the GB is saying?

• Stauros
    Stauros

Only kings are anointed and none of Gods kings live on the earth.......

E.

• Crazyguy
    Crazyguy

what Kings, if you look at Rev 5:10 in the actual greek, it does not say kings. And if you look closer the scripture is describing the great crowd and not the 144k. Not to mention the 144k are never refered to as Anoited.

• Stauros
    Stauros

what Kings, if you look at Rev 5:10 in the actual greek, it does not say kings. And if you look closer the scripture is describing the great crowd and not the 144k. Not to mention the 144k are never refered to as Anoited. [crazyguy]

I agree with you. I am referring to King David, Solomon, etc. etc.

The Hebrew verb mashach (noun, messiah ) and the Greek verb chrio (noun, christos ) are translated “to anoint.” From ancient times the priests and kings were ceremonially anointed as a sign of official appointment to office, and as a symbol of God's power upon them. The act was imbued with an element of awe. David would not harm King Saul because of the anointing the king had received ( 1 Samuel 24:6 ). Likewise, Israel ( Psalm 89:38 ), and even Cyrus ( Isaiah 45:1 ) are called God's anointed because of God's working through them. Israel came to see each succeeding king as God's anointed one, the messiah who would deliver them from their enemies and establish the nation as God's presence on the earth.

Who anointed those claiming to be of the anointed within the congregation of Jehovah's Witnesses? No one did, therefore they are not anointed. It is that simple........

Estephan

• Crazyguy
    Crazyguy

I agree, the anointing that is talked about in the new testament is about one, baptism and holy spirit anointing a believer and the believer being one with christ which was anointed so in him we are anointed.

• Cold Steel
    Cold Steel

Oppostate: The latest from the Gooberning Bawdy is that only them, the 8 that are part of this Gooberning Bawdy, are the ones in charge of dispensing spiritual food....

The problem is, anyone can claim to be one of the anointed, but the Governing Body is known to be bonafide slaves...the real deal. If I were a Jehovah's Witness, I could claim to be one of the anointed, partake of the Memorial emblems just for the prestigue of it. Any authority that was given me would mean that they were giving power to someone who was self-appointed and my anointed statis would be moot. Jehovah's checks and balances system ensures that only those known to be anointed and representative of the rest would have the trusted power over doctrines and other spiritual food.

Remember, as the apostle John wrote: "When you're a slave, you're a slave all the way; from your first breath of life to your last dying day!" (Rev. 22:19)

• the girl next door
  • Fernando
    Fernando

There is only one framework on earth where the OP makes any sort of sense: WBTS propaganda infused mindless drones, following "mother" to Gehenna.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit