outside consulting firm used for JW building site , to be complete in 2019.

by brandnew 29 Replies latest jw friends

• PlatinumFix
  • jookbeard
    jookbeard
    £3 billion? are you sure, wouldn't have thought it was even close to a couple of hundred mill. LOL
  • never a jw
    never a jw
    6 months ago

Well one thing is for sure. They aren't going anywhere anytime soon.

"Soon" is the key word. Life as we know it has taken 3.8 billion years of evolution. Social phenomena evolve a lot faster, but still very slowly for some of us. The important thing to keep an eye on is the trends. According to these trends, the WT is going somewhere, and is not north.
  • Formerbrother
    Formerbrother

Its going to be a real beautiful place when its finished.

They are going for quality over quantity. It used to be accommodation for a few thousand permanent residents, now its looking like less than a thousand permanent with the possibility of a few thousand more in temporary accommodation should the need arise.

Some say the plans are going to be like a garden of Eden in England :) I mean they had farming in London over the years but this is going to be epic what they are planning for Temple farm at Chelmsford.

They are planting thousands (literally) of fruit trees, including tropical fruits in huge green houses, huge vines yards and then the same basic farming activities as before. I know there are some large agriculture organisations involved at this stage, but if they will be doing things long term, or it will all be handled by volunteers is not known.

over 300 Hectares of beautiful forests and country walks or bike riding. Strictly only for JW's they are also setting up a very high end security system with border security.

You can only gain entry to the compound on the invite of one of the Bethelites or if you book a tour, then you will be recorded and given an electronic badge which you have to keep with you at all times. Each badge has a locator on it and everybody will be tracked 100% of the time, if anybody is found without the locator badge there will be an investigation and all activities will be recorded by the hundreds of high end HD cameras everywhere. It was around 2020 aiming for completion but now Im told it will be nearer 2022.

Just what in the world are they preparing for?

• Formerbrother
    Formerbrother

There is definaitely some underground project that is being kept secret.

I wonder will we ever be able to find out what the truth is.

Does anybody here live near there? Be great to do a fly over with a drone before they put the cap on the underground project.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot
    Is this place a bit off the beaten path, like the Warwick HQ?
  • shepherdless
    shepherdless

There are some huge numbers and huge discrepancies on this thread in relation to Temple Farm. I did a bit of research. Here is how I see the likely actual figures (in rough ballpark terms).

A description of what is being built at Chelmsford is here:

http://www.chelmsford.gov.uk/temple-farm

Note that it states 112,500 sqm of "mixed use development". That would probably be gross floor area, as I read somewhere that it is only 22 acres (around 90,000 sqm). "Mixed use development" is a reference to the project containing both residential and non-residential, as I understand it.

A brief review on the internet suggests it would cost at least £800, or more per sqm to build something like that. (Obviously, that is just a guestimate.) Perhaps with volunteer labor, that might come down to, say, £500 per sqm, but I doubt it.

800 x 112,500 = £90 million. That is just a ballpark figure. It could be way off. Also, that is only the cost to build. It does not include the original purchase cost, printing presses etc. It sounds as though there are some significant site contamination issues to resolve as well, which would be expensive to resolve.

£90 million is a big project for the UK branch to take on, if the following link to their financial statements is correct:

https://jwleaks.files.wordpress.com/2012/07/2014-wtbtsb-financial-report.pdf

That financial statement, compared to earlier ones (I haven't included) suggest that they have pulled together £50 million in cash, presumably for this project.

I don't believe the completed project would be saleable for anything like £3 billion, later. It is not like a house or a standard commercial building. Any future owner would have to modify it extensively to suit. The project may only be worth land value when complete. I don't know the area, and have never been there, but I tried to get a rough idea of land value in the area, using real estate websites. It seemed to me 22 (uncontaminated) acres in that area may be worth £20 to 50 million, but I could be way out.

This does not look like a real-estate play to me, as it would be too difficult to on-sell on completion. It seems like a project conceived in better times, but is now in difficulty. I note there is another thread where there is a rumor that only one part will be built.

By the way, I am not an expert on any of this. There must be others in a much better position to comment.

• Formerbrother
    Formerbrother
    shepherdless7 days ago

There are some huge numbers and huge discrepancies on this thread in relation to Temple Farm. I did a bit of research. Here is how I see the likely actual figures (in rough ballpark terms).

A description of what is being built at Chelmsford is here:

http://www.chelmsford.gov.uk/temple-farm

Note that it states 112,500 sqm of "mixed use development". That would probably be gross floor area, as I read somewhere that it is only 22 acres (around 90,000 sqm). "Mixed use development" is a reference to the project containing both residential and non-residential, as I understand it.

A brief review on the internet suggests it would cost at least £800, or more per sqm to build something like that. (Obviously, that is just a guestimate.) Perhaps with volunteer labor, that might come down to, say, £500 per sqm, but I doubt it.

800 x 112,500 = £90 million. That is just a ballpark figure. It could be way off. Also, that is only the cost to build. It does not include the original purchase cost, printing presses etc. It sounds as though there are some significant site contamination issues to resolve as well, which would be expensive to resolve.

£90 million is a big project for the UK branch to take on, if the following link to their financial statements is correct:

https://jwleaks.files.wordpress.com/2012/07/2014-wtbtsb-financial-report.pdf

That financial statement, compared to earlier ones (I haven't included) suggest that they have pulled together £50 million in cash, presumably for this project.

I don't believe the completed project would be saleable for anything like £3 billion, later. It is not like a house or a standard commercial building. Any future owner would have to modify it extensively to suit. The project may only be worth land value when complete. I don't know the area, and have never been there, but I tried to get a rough idea of land value in the area, using real estate websites. It seemed to me 22 (uncontaminated) acres in that area may be worth £20 to 50 million, but I could be way out.

This does not look like a real-estate play to me, as it would be too difficult to on-sell on completion. It seems like a project conceived in better times, but is now in difficulty. I note there is another thread where there is a rumor that only one part will be built.

By the way, I am not an expert on any of this. There must be others in a much better position to comment.

-

Very good info there Sheepherdless.

I think its clear, this is never a project that will be considered to be sold on in the future. The underground secret work alone shows they are thinking long term.

• brandnew
    brandnew

I thought "the end" was soooo close..

I guess they dont even believe their own crap!!!!

• pepperheart
    pepperheart
    They are not printing 50 million magazines a month any more so that most help with the money

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit