Life after death OR Consciousness after death?

by Space Madness 65 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Space Madness
    Space Madness

Consciousness is a consequence of synaptic activity in the brain. Once the neural electro-chemical responses stop so does consciousness.

If consciousness is just a chemical processes in our brain, why don't any other animals with brains have consciousness?

• Witness My Fury
    Witness My Fury

If you survive death then what is the point of your body in the 1st place?

(awaits unprovable mumbo jumbo about being tested by god etc etc)

• Witness My Fury
    Witness My Fury

If consciousness is just a chemical processes in our brain, why don't any other animals with brains have consciousness?

You didnt really just say that did you? FFS...

Prove that statement.

• Seraphim23
    Seraphim23

Interesting account Mum! These things are very much more common than is generally thought. Many don’t talk about their own experiences for fear of ridicule. My aunt Sheila had an interesting experience with a cat believe it or not. When he died at 25 years old, all the clocks in here house stopped. I wasn’t a witness to this but my aunt has never lied to me so I do believe her especially considering my own experiences. There seems to be some kind of interconnection with all beings as far as I can tell from the evidence, and the current of such connections seems to be primarily based on emotion of the positive side of the emotional spectrum in particular. The connection seems to be two way as well, so that if one doesn’t feel anything towards another but the other does, the connection is still active and information can be passed through it.

• cofty
    cofty

I had anaesthetic last Friday. Don't recall a thing for 2 hours.If my consciousness can't survive that how will it surie my brain turning to mush after I die?

They do. The one's that don't we call roadkill.

• KateWild
    KateWild

Space Madness, keep posting. Well done! Your opinion matters to us. Don't let harsh or blunt responses stop you considering things that Chemistry does not explain. You will find what you believe in your time.

Just like Einstien-he believed in God, but in his own way.

Kate xx

• Seraphim23
    Seraphim23

Cofty people dream every night but they don’t always recall it, yet at the time of the dream they did experience the dream. The lack of recollection doesn’t prove one was not in fact having experiences via consciousness, although not awake in the conventional sense.

• Terry
    Terry

We live in a cause and effect universe.

How we describe reality accurately we call "true."

Contradiction with reality we call "false."

Once we describe a phenomenon accurately we cannot then violate the accuracy by further declaring a contradiction.

----------------

Either death is the cessation of Life or it has no meaning.

----------------

For something to be understood by us (as science is used for understanding), we must be able to verify, test and measure it.

Life after death is not only a contradiction of the definition of "death," but an immeasurable assertion beyond testing.

The logical conclusion is what?

There is a wall between the actual, physical universe of laws and cause and effect and the imaginary world of METAPHYSICS.

METAPHYSICS asserts a different universe where pigs fly and deuces are wild.

These are non-overlapping jurisdictions or magesteria.

Logic requires a thing to be what it IS and never what it is NOT.

If you embrace both worlds, PHYSICAL and METAPHYSICAL the result is this: you destroy your rational means of testing TRUE and FALSE

and you become deliberately irrational.

Choose carefully while you are in the PHYSICAL universe BECAUSE those laws are operative!

• Seraphim23
    Seraphim23

This depends on what the definition of life really is Terry. Accurate definitions are notoriously hard to get and have a habit of disintegrating the closer one looks at the subject being defined.

• Terry
    Terry

This depends on what the definition of life really is Terry. Accurate definitions are notoriously hard to get and have a habit of disintegrating the closer one looks at the subject being defined.

For something to be real, to actually exist as reality we must be able to detect it through our senses (even if amplified by technology to the point

we can PERCEIVE it, abstract and integrate it) and measure it, quantify it and integrate it into our body of knowledge.

Is there anything more real than life?

Life is the first of all values. Without life nothing else can be valued.

The definition we have of life is rather precise.

1. Homeostasis: Regulation of the internal environment to maintain a constant state; for example, electrolyte concentration or sweating to reduce temperature.
    2. Organization: Being structurally composed of one or more cells — the basic units of life.
    3. Metabolism: Transformation of energy by converting chemicals and energy into cellular components (anabolism) and decomposing organic matter (catabolism). Living things require energy to maintain internal organization (homeostasis) and to produce the other phenomena associated with life.
    4. Growth: Maintenance of a higher rate of anabolism than catabolism. A growing organism increases in size in all of its parts, rather than simply accumulating matter.
    5. Adaptation: The ability to change over time in response to the environment. This ability is fundamental to the process of evolution and is determined by the organism's heredity, diet, and external factors.
    6. Response to stimuli: A response can take many forms, from the contraction of a unicellular organism to external chemicals, to complex reactions involving all the senses of multicellular organisms. A response is often expressed by motion; for example, the leaves of a plant turning toward the sun (phototropism), and chemotaxis.
    7. Reproduction: The ability to produce new individual organisms, either asexually from a single parent organism, or sexually from two parent organisms.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit