Warning: Pedophiles and JW.COM

by dungbeetle 14 Replies latest jw friends

• teejay
    teejay

I understand your concerns, Dung, but I agree with Waiting.

Successfully pinpointing a pedophile, basing our suspicions only on the topics a fellow poster favors, would be – at best – a shot in the dark. At worst, we would be far more likely to accuse someone who is totally innocent. I won’t be participating in such a witch hunt. I WILL defend those who I suspect are falsely accused, though.

• ozziepost
    ozziepost

I would suggest it's not as simple as we might think.

Take as a hypothetical example. A poster here was in the recent past an elder. He once served on a judicial committee which disfellowshipped a pedophile. Now the elder is a former Dub and is posting on this board. He recognises the DF person as a fellow poster. How? By his profile and details included in his posts which have a pre-occupation with sexual behaviour.

What should that poster do?

It seems to me that if there be any regular poster like that here, that he would wisely 'see the writing on the wall', don't you think?

Cheers,
    Ozzie

"If our hopes for peace are placed in the hands of imperfect people, they are bound to evaporate."

- Ron Hutchcraft Surviving the Storms of Stress

• SYN
    SYN

This is a pretty tough issue to deal with. Luckily there aren't that many very young people on these boards...but more come every day, as we've seen recently. HMMM. The Web, just like reality, can be a dangerous place for kids in general.

Every religion is the One True Religion.

• sf
    sf

[My opinion is, anyone who posts anything supportive of child abuse/molestion, and/or is known to be a pedophile,(seems unlikely, but oh well) should be immediately banned from the forum. There is no room anywhere for this kind of behavior. Anything/anyone that harms kids are gone. Yesterday.]

TR

-----------
    TR, who, in your opinion again, should be banned as you read this thread?:

< http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/forum/thread.asp?id=26196&site=3

Just curious.

If man was supposedly created in gods image, then.....holy krap...we're all doomed.-sKallyWagger

“What a blessing such integrity keepers are to the congregation!”(5/15/02 WT magazine, pg. 27)

• ballistic
    ballistic

you know what? One of my early posts (and I'd have to go way back) was something like "what about the disfellowshipped persons who absolutely deserved it" and I got very little support for this idea with people saying that disfellowshipping was in-humane whatever the sin.
    This is the first time I have seen the subject brought up since with what I had in mind; people like peadophiles. I agree with what you say a believe that although we have a common bond, there can be many reasons why people are here, and many other reasons they were disfellowshipped in the first place.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit