THE GROUP vs the reality of the group=A CULT

by Terry 13 Replies latest jw friends

• Terry
    Terry

Have you read Ayn Rand's novella, "Anthem"?

Anthem I have not read. My kids all read it because it is an assigned book on the Texas reading list for High Schoolers.

I recently watched a video on YouTube with Ayn Rand on the Phil Donhue show. Nobody ever got the best of her in a debate.

• scotoma
    scotoma

Let's have a moment of silence for Ayn Rand.

All praise the Bitch Goddess of Capitalism.

• Oubliette
    Oubliette

Terry: I recently watched a video on YouTube with Ayn Rand on the Phil Donhue show. Nobody ever got the best of her in a debate.

You really gotta' read the book.

I've had some VERY interesting discussions about this book with "still-sleeping" young JWs.

That's all I can say for now.

• Terry
    Terry

Let's have a moment of silence for Ayn Rand.

All praise the Bitch Goddess of Capitalism.

She is a tough person to have sympathy for as far as the human being she was.

She wasn't attractive. She was weird. She was smarter than just about everybody. Nobody could win a debate against her.

She was deliberately provocative. She didn't exemplify a lifestyle any of us would care to emulate.

Every Objectivist I've met, either in person or online, has been a humorless asshole.

On the other hand. . .

The explanations of logic and rational thinking she outlined in her philosophy of Objectivism are quite extraordinary as tools of thought.

Those who want to dismiss her philosophy simply dismiss HER with ad hominems. They deflect.

Pretty much the same way the Watch Tower dismisses the objections of ex-members by villifying them as mentally diseased apostates.

I have never been able to find a flaw in her reasoning--and I've tried.

I've also never had an honest debate with those who want to attack it.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit