Hello, how are you, see you, good bye

by Gorbatchov 19 Replies latest jw friends

• Gorbatchov
    Gorbatchov

Yesterday I was at a supermarket and I walked right in the arms of a nice JW couple.

They are so nice, they could be our family friends, if we went to the congregation.

How it went: mr nice walked by and said "Hello" and walked straight on, without looking to me.

His very nice wife smiled and looked surprised to see me, a look only a JW can have, looking to a poor fader like me.

She said "Hello, how are you? See you, good bye?" and was already gone when I said "We are ok, how are you?"

How can these nice people so cold?

Ehh, how could I be so cold...

Religion is a snare and a racket, dividing people who could be friends.

Gorby

• LoisLane looking for Superman
    LoisLane looking for Superman

Sorry, Gorby. It hurts.

The Mothership tells her drones what to do... and they do it.

Sad.

LoisLane

• designs
    designs

The almost Invisible Man.

I had the Elder who was trying to form a JC on me do the same thing at a Home Depot.

• NVR2L8
    NVR2L8

Remember that they only loved the JW you used to be not Gorbachov the man. You are no longer a friend of their God so you no longer qualify to be their friend. I stopped going to the meetings over 3 years ago and "friends" still send their regards to me via my wife but not a single one ever called at my door or by phone. They loved the JW I was but not the person NVR2L8 is.

• emeth
    emeth

If you hate the thing they love most,.. how can you be friends?

• Nathan Natas
  • NVR2L8
    NVR2L8

Emeth...you don't even have to hate what they love! All you have to do is to disagree with the smallest teaching of the WT and they are programmed to hate you without giving you a chance to explain. You could be right and they will still hate you. Who needs friends like that? I'm married to one of them and what makes it tolerable is that we avoid all conversation about her cult. This will work until her cult leaders realize that I am never coming back. If they pull her away from me I will not hold her back...she will have made her choice.

• emeth
    emeth

@NVR2L8 In a marriage things are different than cases between other people and former friends . S just be a good husband for her. She has to be a good wife for you. And indeed its better to avoid the subject.

• ShirleyW
    ShirleyW

Reminds me of the time I saw a Bro, but this guy and I practically grew up together, mothers were best friends. I saw him in the meat section of the supermarket and he ducked down with his face smack on the packages of chicken or whatever, I clearly wasn't thinking because I did stand there for a while and walked away, but I should've stayed there, because he would've had to come up for air sometime !!

And by the way this incident happened after Bro. Pious was reinstated from being Df'd, this oh, so pious brother who used to be in charge of securing speakers for the Sunday talk.

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

GORBATCHOV:

When I am in a public place and I see JWs, I NEVER go out of my way to say hello. I wouldn't give them the satisfaction.

If somebody wants to play the game you experienced: saying hello/goodbye while they are walking or running, I would just ignore them. You'd never see me looking after them with puppy-dog eyes. Are you kidding? These phonies weren't my friends even back in the day.

To me, offering a "hello" to JWs in a public place, if you are a known "fader", is like casting pearls before swine. Don't play into their game.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit