FS Visit Today

by Joe Grundy 16 Replies latest jw friends

• Joe Grundy
    Joe Grundy

To be honest, I rather suspect that YM (like most JWs and probably most people who promulgate a faith) would not have been able to explain what she believes. And, just suppose I had challenged her and she ended up looking like a doofus in front of her kid. Not good.

It is always a balance, I feel - but I have the privilege of never having been a jdub.

• adamah
    adamah

You've got to wonder how many YM's don't actually enjoy the ego-gratification and flirtatious aspect of using their sexuality to attract attention from Worldly males, as it's a JW-approved method of contacting members of the opposite sex under the excuse of preaching work. I've seen it many times (even in married sisters) to think it's not part of the appeal.

Adam

• Joe Grundy
    Joe Grundy

Well, there are many well-documented cases of cults using sexually attractive members to 'hook in' converts. I'm not aware of JWs using this as a general practice.

Am I being hypocritical To suggest that an attractive woman would induce me to their crap more than an unattractive person might? I seem to remember reading somewhere that the Moonies etc. chose attractive women as their missionaries ...

• Faithful Witness
    Faithful Witness

Since you accepted the magazine, does that mean she will make a return visit to discuss it with you? I heard (3rd hand) a story about my brother in law, taking my niece to a door while out in FS. The woman answered the door and immediately became irate. She pointed her finger at my 11 year old niece, and told her to "Go back to the car, RIGHT NOW!!!" After my niece walked to the car, the woman laid into my brother in law, about how he should be ASHAMED of himself, bringing a CHILD out to do this filthy work. Hearing the story (from my JW mother), I simply said, "It's about time! Someone needs to yell at him! ... and I'll bet he just stood there and took it." hahahaha... There is a lot more to this story, and what my brother in law does to "discipline" and humiliate my niece. I know she will remember this day forever, and hopefully he will also, one day, when he finally decides to leave the false prophet he is serving. That is a long way off, but I am still hoping they will come to their senses. Anyway, just a thought... for anyone who gets a call from someone bringing their young child to the door with them. It had an impact.

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

EMETH/RECOVERY/PRIME/ELEPHANT/SFPW,

Yes, busy work for dubs. I like how it coincides with the new "generation" update, the magazine showing a kid that gets old, and the WT's lates emphasis on 50 and older dubs to get busy preaching. The next waves turn to die is approaching. The WTBTS knows it. I wonder if the GB think about their approaching death?

TRUTH= Verifiable fact according to the GB. Truth must be free of speculation and human reasoning and assumption. Here is a verifiable fact for you.

EVERY SINGLE GENERATION THAT HAS EVER LIVED BEFORE US, HAS DIED. NO ONE HAS EVER " NOT DIED." Does the evidence support the WTBTS assumption that OUR generation will cheat death? CTR, Rutherford, Knorr, Franz, Larson, they all thought that they were THE ONES that would cheat death. My grandparents are gone, their parents are long gone. My Parents are next. Those who graduated in 1968 were never supposed to grow old! What does the evidence show?

Hebrews 9:27,28 " And as it is reserved for men to die once for all time, but after this a judgment, 28 so also the Christ was offered once for all time to bear the sins of many; and the second time that he appears it will be apart from sin and to those earnestly looking for him for [their] salvation."

DD

• Joe Grundy
    Joe Grundy

FW: If the YM came back to me as a RV (without a child) I would, no doubt do my best to seduce her and take her out of the JW world - but that's just me.

BUT ... and I don't think I'm alone here, it's a huge step to take away someone's belief system, especially if that's all they have.

• chrisuk
    chrisuk

When I was studying, every now and then I'd start to lose interest. And everytime I explained this to the elder I was studying with he seemed a little shocked, but! The very next time he came to see me after I'd explained how I felt, he always! came with his 25 yeard old, very! attractive daughter. I always thought he was using his daughter to entice me into the faith. Maybe I'm wrong but it certainly seemed that way. btw Joe Grundy I think you did the right thing not debating the ym infront of her daughter.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit