Just saw this on Facebook

by Driving Force 28 Replies latest jw friends

• SoCal101
    SoCal101

@SafeAtHome

I so agree! This is F'ing disgusting!! My dad refused to allow my brother to play the drums because it was "not a musical instrument"! Now what the hell?! Never thought I would see this! I would have loved it if they would have ripped into some Black Sabbath! Oh, and some of those sisters are still looking nice like they could use some GB and I don't mean governing body! LOL

Then I got to the dancing!! WTF!! Looked like Jonestown MFer's!

• confuzzlediam
    confuzzlediam

This actually makes me a little sad. There was a time where, even though I was not 100% in, I loved my brother's and sister's in my cong and would have LOVED to have experienced something like this. I LONGED for things like this to happen at the kingdom hall. I would hear about other church's that had live music and thought that would be SO COOL to have. Something to brighten up a hum drum meeting, something to make me WANT to go and take my kids to.

Don't get me wrong, I am VERY happy to be where I am NOW and will not ever go back. But I remember a time when I was happy as a witness and I guess I miss my friends and family that I experienced those happy times with. sigh....

• SafeAtHome
    SafeAtHome
    Confuzzlediam I understand your meaning. It's just that all the things that are going on now are the things us "old timers" grew up being told were WRONG, not permitted, things that Christendom's churches did. They would have said they were attending to have their "ears tickled", remember that? Well, who's tickling ears now?
  • William Penwell
    William Penwell

This actually makes me a little sad. There was a time where, even though I was not 100% in, I loved my brother's and sister's in my cong and would have LOVED to have experienced something like this. I LONGED for things like this to happen at the kingdom hall. I would hear about other church's that had live music and thought that would be SO COOL to have. Something to brighten up a hum drum meeting, something to make me WANT to go and take my kids to.

I always thought that was a big mistake when the org went away from the live orchestras at the conventions. It made the different volunteers in the orchestras feel like they actually contributed toward the convention. The prerecorded Kingdum Songs sounded too canned and so impersonal. I even got a chance to play at a convention.

• confuzzlediam
    confuzzlediam
    SafeAtHome YES!! I couldn't agree more! SO much has changed in just the 5 years that I have been out. My parents have even made comments about all of the changes and how disappointed they are. It's NOT the same religion and is becoming almost unrecognizable. The JW.org signs that are on all of the fronts of the KH's now is sickening to me. I told my mom that I feel like they are branding the religion now. She agreed.

William Penwell I was very sad when they stopped using live piano players in the KH for the kingdom melodies. I loved the personal touches that the pianists would put into the music. Playing at a convention would have been awesome!!
  • cappytan
    cappytan
    SoCal101: My dad refused to allow my brother to play the drums because it was "not a musical instrument"!

I'll have to remember that excuse when my kid wants to play the drums.

I, personally, would refuse to allow him to.

Not because of some religion, but because I don't want the racket in my house.

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

The organisation of today is SO DIFFERENT to the one of just 5 or 10 years ago!

• darkspilver
    darkspilver

zeb 2 days ago

I recall one "questions from readers" about using the tetragrammaton as stickers on cars or on jewellery and this got a big No No from t

What is the reference for this please? TIA!

BTW, the quote that Watchtower-Free references in the graphic says in full and in context the following:

Kingdom Ministry September 1974

Question Box: Is it fitting to display the Hebrew or English letters of the Tetragrammaton on automobiles, jewelry and other items?

This is a matter that should rightly be left for each Witness to decide, based on the dictates of his own conscience.

Nevertheless, circumstances vary, and what may be appropriate in one locality may not be fitting in another area. For example, where there is considerable prejudice against Jews, displaying the Tetragrammaton in Hebrew letters could give rise to needless problems due to mistaken identity. And some Jews themselves find the public display the Tetragrammaton objectionable. Also, in some areas there are other reasons why such a practice might be viewed as strange and so create misunderstandings.

On the other hand, some have found that displaying the Tetragrammaton either in English or Hebrew letters has aroused curiosity and given openings for informal witnessing. Then, too, it has served as a means of identifying other Witnesses when traveling.

If a person should decide to display the Tetragrammaton on his car, he should also appreciate the responsibility of not misrepresenting it by disregard for Caesar’s laws or by careless and inconsiderate driving.

As Jehovah’s servants we are responsible to uphold the dignity of his name. This is done primarily by preaching and by setting a good example in Christian living. Should the public display of the Tetragrammaton detract from that, it would obviously not be fitting. Furthermore, we do not want to give others the impression that the Tetragrammaton is the symbol of Jehovah’s witnesses as a whole. We have no organizational symbol to identify ourselves but show that we are Jehovah’s Christian witnesses by living in harmony with God’s will.—John 13:35.

That's all folks!

DarK SpilveR

• zeb
    zeb
    Many thanks.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit