Our first Halloween was amazing

by confusedandalone 24 Replies latest jw experiences

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

confusedandalone:

I am glad your first Halloween worked out. As somebody who was not raised a JW, I remember the fun I had.

I personally think this particular holiday is for the kiddies but some adults like it too.

I think the idea that a parent rolls up their sleeves and has fun with their children is a very positive thing and it is small things like this that a child will remember when they are older.

The religion tries to take this away from people. This very intimacy is what they covet. Never mind pagan this and pagan that, it is the idea you are having fun with family members and people who love you unconditionally and who are NOT judging you is something the religion is afraid of.

• gorgia2
    gorgia2

confused&alone, well done! I'm so glad you had a fun Halloween!

LisaRose, your husband is awesome!!!

gorgia

• Ding
    Ding

You're not supposed to scare them.

They are supposed to scare you.

Actually, most of the "scare" part is gone nowadays; the focus is the costumes and on getting the candy.

Telling the kids, "Wow! It's Superman!" or "You look really cool!" makes their day.

• Aunt Fancy
    Aunt Fancy

I am a little behind on the reading because we had 4 deaths of friends and relatives. I love all the fun everyone had It made me smile. CAA I am happy to hear you had as much fun as your children and that is exactly the way it should be.

Lisa Rose your husband and my husband would get along! Lol. He look great in the dress you have on in your profile picture.

My husband was a born in and was able as a child to go a couple of times but I went all the time as a child. I bought a bunch of candY bars i put into a basket and then loads of gum I put into another basket and a third basket with M&M and Reece pieces in another basket. I told all of the little kids to take a hand full out of each basket.

We sat out on our front porch and haded it out. The very first group was young kids and they were going to skip the house when one of the parents said aren't you going to their door and the kid said "no they don't celebrate"!! It really touched my heard and I said yes we celebrate. They came up and they were thrilled we gave them so much. I felt like the neighborhood grinch When I heard them say that. Next year I am going to do full size bars. We had over 100 come to the door. What a fun night!!

• Bruja-del-Sol
    Bruja-del-Sol

What a nice experience you've had Aunt Fancy! And sorry to hear about your losses... must be hard saying goodbye to 4 people in such a short time

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit