Our first Halloween was amazing

by confusedandalone 24 Replies latest jw experiences

• confusedandalone
    confusedandalone

Not sure if this is the right forum, if not I apologize.

Last night was our first Halloween. I have to admit, the very idea that somehow it is Satanic and that it makes Bible God cry seemed immensely foolish as we prepared for it. My daughter was dressed as an undead witch and my son was dressed as Thomas the Tank Engine. My wife took them through the neighborhood asking for candy.

I stayed home and passed out candy. I think I went a little overboard scaring the children. I am new to this so I actually thought I was suppose to jump out and scare them so I hid behind my bushes and jumped out while ringing the bell. One kid ran and fell... he started crying. I felt bad but the mom laughed and kept poking fun at the kid. SO I gave him an enormous pile of candy as a sorry.

We also made a Jack-o-lantern. It looked Horrible but when the candle was burned out it leaked from its mouth and looked like a giant pile of vomit. memories in the making.

• jgnat
    jgnat

Georgeous pumpkin!

• confusedandalone
    confusedandalone

jgnat you mock me LOL.

It took me like 45 minutes to make the crooked mouth and abnormal eyes. I tried my hardest to make them symmetrical ROFL.

My daughter saw it and asked me if I was dizzy when I cut it out - LOL

• AlphaMan
    AlphaMan

Awesome enjoyment for you and your family. My goodness the JW belief system is so superstitious, and saps the enjoyment out of life. Enjoy life.

• KateWild
    KateWild

Good for you. Great example to us trying to exit the cult-Kate xx

• carla
    carla

yeah, you don't really have to jump out at the kids. Your new at this, sounds like you all had a good time!

When I was a kid some people made us sing or do a trick in order to get the candy. I hated that because I was kind of shy. They felt we should do a 'trick' to get the treat.

Did you toast your pumpkin seeds? another great tradition to start!

• Bruja-del-Sol
    Bruja-del-Sol

We're having our Samhain celebration tonight. Your story was so great to read CAA (your pumpkin made me laugh out loud because of the 'vomit'... hilarious!) that I really feel joyous and happy already preparing the house for tonight.

I've just placed orange and black candles everywhere, bought a bouquet of flowers (for witches the Samhain night is the night where the 'veil' between the physical and spiritual world is the thinnest, so tonight I will call out to my ancestors to join us tonight in our celebration and I just love to have some flowers when we get visitors ), I've decorated my altar with leaves and nuts and a couple of pottery pumpkins, so it all looks great in our little Spanish house!

And now I'm off to the kitchen to make some pumpkin soup and I also have to bake a cake. Busy busy busy!

• redpilllizard81
    redpilllizard81

this is the 2nd halloween that i've really got into...as far as passing out candy and scaring kids. I enjoy meeting the parents in the neighbor who bring their kids out. It kinda of brings the community together.

• adamah
    adamah

Looks like that pumpkin didn't pace eating his booty of candy, and ate too much, LOL!! That's a rookie mistake, too.

I can hear it now:

Police Dispatch: "Unit 901, please respond to a complaint of a Halloween newbie who is taking it a bit too literally, and scaring the kids by jumping out from behind the bushes."

Unit 901: (mutters to partner, "Sounds like another ex-JW?") "Dispatch, roger that"

• clarity
    clarity

Adam...

Unit 901: (mutters to partner, "Sounds like another ex-JW?") "Dispatch, roger that"

......hilarious!

clarity

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit