THE ALTERNATIVE DAILY TEXT by The Witchtower editor

by processor 176 Replies latest watchtower bible

• processor
    processor

I have published more than 200 'daily text' comments in German, and will now start translating those into English. They will be published here:

http://dailytext2.wordpress.com/

• processor
    processor

http://dailytext2.wordpress.com/2013/11/01/i-am-the-subject-of-their-song/

Alternative Daily Text for Friday, November 1, 2013

“I am the subject of their song.”

(Lamentations 3:63, NWT 1984)

Job “was subjected to indignities from base persons. He exclaimed: ‘I have become even the theme of their song, and I am to them for a byword. They have detested me.’” (The Watchtower, April 1, 1976, p. 197) The prophet Jeremiah too had “become a laughingstock to all the peoples, the theme of their song.” (Lamentations 3:14) Hence making songs about a person is a sign of disgust and mockery.

Jehovah’s Witnesses today imitate the mockers of the past by singing “songs … about Jehovah.” (The Watchtower, September 1, 1983, p. 32) Missionary Michel Bustamante did not refrain from “singing Kingdom songs that used Jehovah’s name often”, and so do Jehovah’s Witnesses up to this day. (2005 Yearbook of Jehovah’s Witnesses, page 119). Although the book Sing to Jehovah contains only 135 songs, it mentions Jehovah 248 times – the previous songbook Sing Praises to Jehovah had even 545 occurrences.

With their Kingdom Songs – insulting Jehovah by their musical inferiority alone – they keep mocking the creator of music. There is no doubt that Jehovah gave David a prophetic vision of Jehovah’s Witnesses sitting in their Kingdom Hall and rising up for singing a Kingdom Song when he said: “Do look at their very sitting down and their rising up. I am the subject of their song.” (Lamentations 3:63, NWT 1984). But David replied: “You will give to them the insolence of heart, your curse to them. You will pursue in anger and annihilate them.” (Lamentations 3:65, 66, NWT 1984). This will happen soon.

• KateWild
    KateWild

The way I feel today, this text means nothing to me. I wanted to read something that would inspire me and inject me with zeal for the Bible. Today I feel contempt for the sciptures they cause me pain.

I believe in God and that he created life, but I don't like him very much and his words especially this verse from lamentations, make me feel negative today.

Thanks for the days text

Kate xx

• GromitSK
    GromitSK

@kate - you know it's a spoof right? :)

• suavojr
    suavojr

So easy to manipulate the bible, so much for being god's word.

• prologos
    prologos

we need less bible commentary, not more.

enough of talking snakes walking on water and overlapping groups.

Ithought of a daily text comments by JWNers nerds on the wt misapplications, but there were no takers.

what is original the overseas net adress?

• KateWild
    KateWild

GromitSK-LOL! I didn't see the funny side earlier, having a messed up day today, thanks for clearing things up for me- Kate xx

• processor
    processor

a daily text comments by JWNers nerds on the wt misapplications

Which is exactly what I do here ... at least in most of the comments

• processor
    processor

http://dailytext2.wordpress.com/2013/11/02/the-cattle-and-the-donkeys/

“The cattle and the donkeys … that work the ground will eat fodder seasoned with sorrel” – Isaiah 30:34

God promised to provide “fodder seasoned with sorrel” to the animals. Was this really “tasty fodder reserved for rare occasions” as some people claim? (Isaiah’s Prophecy – Light for all Mankind, volume I, page 311). Sorrel might be tasty, but there are many reports that “the plant caused toxicity in sheep and cattle.” (Pet Poison Helpline) The ingestion of sorrel “can result in poisoning” because “soluble calcium oxalates are present in varying degrees in all parts of the plant … Acute renal failure can be seen from ingestion of plants or fruit containing these soluble oxalate crystals. Clinical signs of this type of poisoning include drooling, inappetance, vomiting, diarrhea, lethargy, weakness, tremors, bloody urine, and changes in thirst and urination.” (Canadian Biodiversity Information Facility) “Sorrel … can lead to death.” – Diet Health Club.

Actually the prophecy says that God will provide toxic food to the animals which can lead to diseases and death. The Bible was written for humans, not for animals though – accordingly Isaiah’s prophecy must have a symbolic meaning. The prophecy had been directed to the nation of Israel, God’s people – hence the antitypical ‘cattle and donkeys’ must be God’s servants of our day. Just as animals “work the ground” for sowing literal seed, Jehovah’s Witnesses “work their territory ” for “sowing Kingdom seed.” –Our Kingdom Ministry, September 1989, page 3; December 1993, page 7.

Today “Jehovah provides spiritual food,” and this food is contaminated with poison, with spiritual sorrel. (The Watchtower, November 15, 1999, page 18) That is why many Jehovah’s Witnesses have spiritual indigestion when ingesting large quantities of spiritual food during the Watchtower Study. Spiritual diarrhea often occurs In field service or when meeting relatives. With regard to family and work life, Jehovah’s witnesses have to cope with lethargy and weakness. Some even die, literally as well as in a spiritual sense.

Therefore some Jews realized more than 2000 years ago: “The table of Jehovah is polluted.” (Malachi 1:12) Hence “the question all of us face is, At which table am I feeding?” – The Watchtower, July 1, 1994, page 9.

• GromitSK
    GromitSK

Np@kate. The stuff from processor is often very funny. Hope your day improved.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit