holy sh*t i just found out that my wife is thinking of getting baptized

by greenhornet 17 Replies latest jw friends

• greenhornet
    greenhornet

Yes to the Morman cult. She wanted me to to go to there meetings and I said no way.

I stumbled upon a email of hers I was not soposed to read.

• 3rdgen
    3rdgen

Have you read Steven Hassans books? If not, do so asap!

• greenhornet
    greenhornet

I did not read any of his books. However I know of him. He rates the Mormans is a big time control group.

• sspo
    sspo

Be ready to dish out 10% of your income.I have to say though, i work for Mormons, they will take care of you financially if there is a need.

No coffee or pepsi or alcohol allowed.

• steve2
    steve2

Well my friend, I don't know about others' reactions to your thread, but when I saw the thread title about your wife wanting to be baptized my heart sunk a little - but when you said in your OP that it was to the Mormon church, my heart rose up a little bit. That church is as nutty as they come, but at least tney're not as insular and suspicious of the world as JWs are. Oh, and they encourage education and good paying jobs. Their young elders who ride around the local district on bicycles are fine looking men, invariably well dressed. It may pay to accompany your wife to their temple services because I hear their young sisters are also damn fine looking.

• mind blown
    mind blown

I feel your pain......I'm going through the same thing...:/

The best advice I can give is Steve Hessen Youtube vids or books...it's kept me from shattering my relashionship with my daughter. She's even starting to communicate with me more often.

• steve2
    steve2

BTW, how do you "stumble upon" one of your wife's emails? I can understand stumbling upon a literal letter left lying on the table, but unless you're snooping, how did you access one of her emails?

• DeWandelaar
    DeWandelaar

Taking a bath can't be too bad now can it?

• jgnat
    jgnat

I can't imagine female converts have much pull in the religion. I'll bet she gets bored without your participation.

• Barrold Bonds
    Barrold Bonds

ask her to see the magic underwear

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit