"What exactly is his world view? from Cofty I see nothing but, anti-life, anti-love, anti-hope"

by cofty 37 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• KateWild
    KateWild

Lovely OP, cofty. Nice to get to know you better.

Kate xx

• LucidChimp
    LucidChimp

Just poppin' in to give your bum a quick peck on the cheek.

You're one of the voices on here who was saying things I needed to hear exactly when I needed to hear them. (I also hated reading your posts when I first turned up)

Facts hurts sometimes.

Knowledge is a motherf*cking balm.

• Open mind
    Open mind

Great post cofty.

Just want to echo a theme already stated here, but with my own personal experience.

About 15 years ago, I used to listen to a Jazz radio station in the SF Bay Area and at the end of the show, the host would always conclude with the following line:

"And remember, Life is not a dress rehearsal."

I heard her say this dozens of times and as a pretty-much true-believing JW, I always remember discounting it in my mind with this thought:

"Uh, no, Life actually IS a dress rehearsal. This is not the REAL life. We've got to jump through the WT hoops properly now so that in the future, we can enjoy the REAL life."

Having left all that behind, I find it very refreshing to fully embrace those words now.

LIFE IS NOT A DRESS REHEARSAL!!

Best regards Cofty,

om

• Comatose
    Comatose

GREAT post Open Mind..

• Band on the Run
    Band on the Run

I don't understand why anyone would join a forum for discussion of the WT and expect serenity here. Christians have dominated thought in this country for too long. If you can't sustain your faith in the face of an atheist, your faith was not worth much. I want to be challenged. Otherwise, just find another religion and cocoon in it.

• DJS
    DJS

Ditto to all of this. I am an optimist, and I wouldn't want to live in any other time period. If this was 115 years ago most of us over 34 would be dead. I no longer worry about every war or economic downturn leading to Armageddon, which is really a pessimistic negative way of looking at life. I belileve the world will continue to improve; the air and water we breathe and drink is cleaner than it was 50 years ago and getting cleaner each year. Even the third world is improving and more improvement is on the horizon.

Hydrogen powered and electric cars are nearing a reality, which will likely change the world drastically - for the better no doubt. Medicine and science continue to advance, improving quality and length of life.

I could go on and on. But I won't for now.

• TD
    TD

I don't know how I missed this. Well said, Cofty.

• rmt1
    rmt1

Anthemic. In general, my impression of those who must believe is that they are prone to self-satisfaction, and those who cannot believe are prone to the inability to be satisfied. Different brain chemistries for different folks: Some habits reward in the sense of belonging to a group that is subordinate to a broader context. Some habits reward in the sense of defying, breaking, expanding or complicating those broader context(s).

http://www.pewforum.org/2009/11/05/scientists-and-belief/

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit