"What exactly is his world view? from Cofty I see nothing but, anti-life, anti-love, anti-hope"

by cofty 37 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• J. Hofer
    J. Hofer

just chiming in to say that another beer is waiting for cofty if he's ever around germany, austria or switzerland.

• ABibleStudent
    ABibleStudent

Hi cofty, Life is too short and too wonderful to agrue what cannot presently be proven (not to be confused with respectfully exchanging ideas) nor to judge others by my standards. I'm a Christian so I prefer to follow the teachings of Jesus Christ and let everyone else live their life the way that they want as long as they do no harm to others.

Having stated that I do have my pet peeves such as the WTBTS's leadership using BITE control techniques to victimize JWs, bigotry, hipocrisy, lying, stealling, etc.

Peace be with you and everyone, who you love,

Robert

P.S. - Any new developments with your health? I hope that you are over the worst of it.

• troubled mind
    troubled mind

Crofty we need to be best friends !! Love ,Love,Love your post !!! pm me if you are on facebook, I am serious we should be buddies

• suavojr
    suavojr

I am in the beginning of my journey and the sight of freedom I see myself enjoying is glorious. Knowing I’m made of star dust makes me appreciate that a star had to die for me to live and therefore my atoms need to be passed on so the cycle of life may continue its course.

I enjoy every minute I have with my family, although they are still tied to religious superstitions and mythologies, I do hope that one day I can help them see the light. In the meantime I show my family true love and the support they need from a husband and dad. I don’t allow others to think for me anymore and I use my freedom responsibly.

Learning TTATT has been the best thing ever!

• tootired2care
    tootired2care

Inspiring post Cofty, the more I read from you, the more I’m humbled to be in the company of such great minds.

Since leaving the WT in 2012, I’m no longer tethered to the idea of a god that is going to hold me back; having the freedom to use my time to pursue what I want is wonderful. I’m still in the process of figuring out what to ultimately do with that freedom though and that is not easy.

For starters I’d have to say taking care of my family, helping others, living a good life, and striving to leave this world a better place in any way I can, gives my life meaning now. I also enjoy connecting with nature, taking multiday backpacking excursions into the wilderness, appreciating the beauty, and pondering the immensity of it all, and how I fit into it, is where I find some solace.

Additionally, there are so many possibilities, so many mysteries still be unlocked, and discoveries and breakthroughs yet to be made. You mentioned we are probably living in the greatest time in all of human history; I believe this is true too; we’re on the verge of a new renaissance. This time there is no powerful religion to squelch it either.

I am fascinated with science; one area that has me really excited is nanotechnology. The prospects of mastering this technology are mind boggling. I read everything I can get my hands on about this. This is a field that I want to pursue full throttle and hopefully contribute something to in my lifetime. In general I love learning, and now I have the time to do it. I started going back to college in pursuit of this, but I have so much to learn and a long way to go to get there.

I don’t believe the bible at all anymore but one relevant passage that always stuck with me from my days as a witness is this one from the account of the Tower of Babel:

“If as one people speaking the same language they have begun to do this, then nothing they plan to do will be impossible for them.” --Rev 11:5

When people put the mythology aside, and put their minds to something, barriers are torn down, and great things happen, and I find that a very inspiring prospect.

• smiddy
    smiddy

An interesting thread Cofty , my wife and I have dabbled in community activities ,she in womens groups ,both of us participating in what is called uninverity of the third age U3A ,table tennis clubs, and senior citizen activities ( you can join senior citizens from 18 years of age ) and we both were involved in volunteer work .My wife was diagnosed with parkinsons disease 6 years ago so we have backed off a bit now.However we are at a good time now , we enjoy walks , current affair tv , book club reveiws, crosswords ,and whatever else stimulates the mind. While I may not be quite as enthusiastic as you about the future in one sense I certainly am in another sense .

Religion , wars , ideology ,racism. and nationalism , on the one hand is a curse on humanity .And its not going away anytime soon .They are a cancer on society.

However , Knowledge , science , technology ,medicine , humanities , have all made tremendous inroads these past couple of hundred years , and will continue to do so at a more expanding rate than what we are seeing now .

I would love to be around to see what the next hundred years would be like . { Oh shut up you stupid jehovahs witness }

smiddy

• EdenOne
    EdenOne

Despite some mutual bickering here on this forum regarding faith vs rational thinking with Cofty, I think if we were to cross paths in the real world out there we would get along really well. Positive vibes, Cofty!

Eden

• Frazzled UBM
    Frazzled UBM

I think being an atheist makes you embrace life because you realise that this is all you get and so you should make the most of it - love, kids, friends, family, travel, food, wine, sport, living in different countries and experiencing their cultures (I have lived in 7 countries (each one for at least 2 years) on 5 continents and have learnt 4 other languages) and having an interesting and varied career.

• Sapphy
    Sapphy

I love the positivity on this thread.

I believe in human potential and I love life.

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

Bump

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit