Guilty and Stupid

by Ucantnome 14 Replies latest jw experiences

• Ucantnome
    Ucantnome

Whenever i post on this site i feel really guilty and stupid.

I think after i post that's it i'm never posting again (probably be a good idea)

Does anyone else feel like this?

• joe134cd
    joe134cd

Can't say I have ever felt that. just a bit of advise. NEVER!! I repeat never tell yourself that what you have got to say is stupid.

• prologos
    prologos

since nobody can know you, your personal reputation can not suffer, do you do self - critisism?, is it your conscience? do you think hidden forces are monitoring, will hold you to account later?

it is the proverb: "silence will be counted as wisdom" syndrome for me.

• Julia Orwell
    Julia Orwell

Post ahead. I feel like that too sometimes because I'm not as funny as x or as smart as y or as learned as z. Just be yourself. Brie you is something no one else can do.

• blondie
    blondie

Details, why do you feel that way.

When I first started I was still going to the meetings and was an elder's wife, my husband had no idea I was posting. There wee a few vocal, abrupt posters that were intimidating. But I found others whose stories reflected mine, I was not alone. That's the way I felt when I read Ray Franz' books. Once in awhile a poster has been abusive, but it does not ooutweigh the ones who have been kind

• tornapart
    tornapart

Yeah, LOL ... I make a post and think it's rubbish and not worth anything. Everybody is so much more eloquent than me and have so much more better things to say. Then I think someone I know will find out I've made hundreds of posts on here and I'll be in deep water. The I say, that'll be my last post... but is it ever?! LOL... this place is too addictive.

• DeWandelaar
    DeWandelaar

Keep posting... you will feel less guilty and less stupid by doing so (and reading posts). However... When you do it enough you will feel guilty and stupid again... guilty and stupid you ever walked in the snares of the WTBS

After that it will eventually come: freedom

• Oubliette
    Oubliette

More than likely that's a result of the indoctrinated phobia instilled in you by the WTBTS.

Read what Steven Hassan has to say about it as part of his B.I.T.E. model describing mind-control:

8. Phobia indoctrination: inculcating irrational fears about leaving the group or questioning the leader’s authority
    a. No happiness or fulfillment possible outside of the group
    b. Terrible consequences if you leave: hell, demon possession, incurable diseases, accidents, suicide, insanity, 10,000
    c. Shunning of those who leave; fear of being rejected by friends, peers, and family
    d. Never a legitimate reason to leave; those who leave are weak, undisciplined, unspiritual, worldly, brainwashed by family or counselor, or seduced by money, sex, or rock and roll
    e. Threats of harm to ex-member and family

• Iamallcool
    Iamallcool

Do not worry too much about what you post here as long as you enjoy posting here.

• Ding
    Ding

Those feelings may come in part from having been in an organization where everyone had to agree with everyone else about everything.

Here, whatever you post, someone may disagree with something you have said.

It's hard to make the adjustment.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit