A child that DIDN'T want to die ... a blood experience you won't read in Awake! or on JW.ORG

by wannabefree 78 Replies latest watchtower medical

• NVR2L8
    NVR2L8

In our hall a 15 year old boy who wasn't yet a publisher and who barely commented more than a "yes" or "Jehovah" at meetings was coached by his parents to tell his doctors he didn't want any blood to treat his cancer. He got praises for his faithfulness by everyone in the congregation but he died...his parents consolation is that they're convinced blood wouldn't have saved him regardless...Any normal 15 year old would want doctors to do everything they can to save his life and still refuse treatment in fear of displeasing them...and Jehovah!

• adamah
    adamah

NVR2L8 said-

his parents consolation is that they're convinced blood wouldn't have saved him regardless...How would they ever know!

By relying on the doctor's expertise to tell them what the boy's prognosis was, based on hundreds of thousands of similar cases that have been seen before? That's exactly WHY doctors perform such studies: to be able to predict the odds of survival using various treatments vs no treatment.

Granted, some patients WILL "beat the odds" and end up surviving a so-called 'terminal' condition, but then the question becomes WHY do some survive, and perhaps the answer will lead to finding a cure.

Adam

• steve2
    steve2

Sad but hard to verify. 1980. Why did he open up to you and not his nurse or doctor?

• NVR2L8
    NVR2L8

Adam, this is exactly the case with this boy. Doctors said he had a much greater chance to survive he was given blood treatment following intensive chemo and a bone marrow transplant. Nope said Jehovah...it will all be made better in the resurrection.

• adamah
    adamah

Nvr2l8 said-

Adam, this is exactly the case with this boy.

You don't really know that, since it's a third-hand account; you don't know what treatments had been tried on him before, so it's only something you read on some forum on the internet. It may not even be real (yes, people make up stuff, or misunderstand important critical details, etc).

Instead, you're allowing your imagination to fill in the gaps of what IS known, and allowing your prior experience to bias. That kind of unskeptical approach means you're more likely to fall for any ol' claim that falls off the turnip truck, and it's a really-bad way of approaching unknowns in life.

• NVR2L8
    NVR2L8

People on this board are quick to correct others by spewing their wisdom on how one shouldn't give full credence to unsubstantiated...we weren't all born last night...

Adam, I was talking about the boy in my hall...I should know...both his dad and I held him when he died.

• adamah
    adamah

Adam I'm talking about the boy in my hall...I should know...both his dad and I held him when he died.

What specific type of leukemia did this 15 y.o. have, what Tx had been attempted before, what was his prognosis, etc?

Adam

• NVR2L8
    NVR2L8

There you go...Allowing your imagination to fill the gap...where did I say leukemia?

All my comment meant is that 15 years old want to live but they can be coerced by their parents to do as they are told not to displease them and "God".

• adamah
    adamah

There you go...Allowing your imagination to fill the gap...where did I say leukemia?

You said 'this is exactly the case with this boy': that would imply the same exact diagnosis (that is, if we can rely on your claims).

(You also mentioned the boy having undergone chemo/bone marrow transplant, which is the standard approach used not just for leukemia, but for myelomas, lymphomas, sickle cell, etc.)

That's exactly WHY I was asking for more details as to what type of cancer and/or blood disorder the boy in your hall had. Do you even know?

Adam

• NVR2L8
    NVR2L8

Adam

When I said that this exactly the case with this boy I was referring to your previous comment on how doctors estimate the success rate of treatments based on thousand of similar cases. The parents knowingly chose a treatment offering a lower success rate to avoid the usage of blood. They lost their gamble... the boy died after a year of chemo...as for your request for more details to prove my credibility, you are free to believe what and who you want. Haven't we both believed the WT bull crap for a time?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit