Why Does this super smart Bible God not perform miracles

by confusedandalone 68 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• confusedandalone
    confusedandalone

Let's be serious - if you really want people to have faith and to be able to now absolute truth why not perform miracles. Why not make the bible a blank book and when you open it, it addresses you personally in writing of course. For instance it says, "Hey confusedandalone this is what i need you to do." Then if I pass the bible to the next eprson standing their it says exactly what he needs to do. I mean who could dispute this??? Why not leave a personal message on a mountain saying, "He this is how you pronounce my name". No matter how you try destroy it nothing works. That would make it much easier to know that Bibkle God is true.

He did it for people back in the day but now has no reason too... yeah that makes sense.

It's like when you were 13 and that kid that says he has a 22 year old girlfriend that no one has ever seen from Canada, but he assures you she exists and they have sex everynight under the stars. You could believe him... but common sense tells you that he is lying

• InChristAlone
    InChristAlone

Hi confusedandalone,

I am sorry that you haven't experienced God the way that you would like to. Many people don't, and I can't really explain it. I can tell you that I have experienced several events with my middle child that goes well beyond circumstance into the realm of miracles. Feel free to read about it here and decide for yourself. http://adam-searchfortruth.blogspot.com/2012/08/kyra.html For me, the main difference comes down to how the former NWT translated John 17:3 vs. how other translations have it... taking in accurate knowledge of God vs. knowing God. I am glad to see the revised NWT re-word it "coming to know" God. The people that I know who have genuinely spent time developing a relationship with God through His Son Jesus Christ have truly experienced what you are missing. I wish you the best.

• unstopableravens
    unstopableravens

im with in christ alone. yahweh still does miricles today, regeneration is a miracle . a person going from death to life amazing

• confusedandalone
    confusedandalone

Read your stories alone... They are nice stories still no proof god did it...

I had a JDub in out hall go in for surgery and refuse blood. Doctor called for the family because he was going to die. Blood count so low that he had no chance.

Not breathing etc...... all of a sudden the next morning he is doing well. Doctor says he has never seen anything like it before. So i guess God God gave those JDubs a miracle... guy ended up cheating on his wife and left her. He got hit by a car 3 years later... was in a coma. Came out of it and had dinner with me 2 weeks ago. God had nothing to do with it.

Why do people really think they are so special that god would save them or their kid yet not send a bowl of rice to the millions in Ethiopia and Sudan who are dying a slow painful death of malnutrition?

• cofty
    cofty

All reports of miracles are explained by confirmation bias.

If god ever heals an amputee I will apologise.

• unstopableravens
    unstopableravens

cofty: maybe he will give you a heart transplant (ez 36:25-27)

• confusedandalone
    confusedandalone

unstopable maybe he will tell his people to stop molesting young girls as well.

You gotta admit bible God was a bit of douche. Killing prostitutes and chopping them in pieces, busting kids in the head with stones.

By the way, if bible God said next time your child is disrespectful and drunk split his head open with a rock... would you do it?

• unstopableravens
    unstopableravens

first of all molseting kids is not a problem for gods ppl, maybe others who claim god.

• Comatose
    Comatose

Oh man... Here we go.

I'm with Cofty. He has never healed an amputee? But he does miracles that can't be proven... Odd.

• Stauros
    Stauros

GOD did perform many miracles, and so did Christ. The time is coming when The Kingdom of GOD reigns, and people will know for sure that GOD exists. This day is upon us so be just a little patient and excercise your faith. This of course if you have faith. I have seen many miracles but hey, I chose to believe in GOD wholeheartedly. Draw closer to GOD and He will draw closer to you. You will then see your sincere prayers answered before your very eyes.......

Estephan

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit