LOU REED - r.i.p. (a special memory)

by Unlearn 13 Replies latest jw friends

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

btt ..bumping this since the news came overnight - to me anyway...

R I P to a creative innovator who made some great music.

• yadda yadda 2
    yadda yadda 2

He had a liver transplant in May. He suffered from drug and alcohol addiction for many years.

"You're gonna reap what you sow..." (repeat x 4) - final line from "Perfect Day".

So true.

God bless you Lou.

• Xanthippe
    Xanthippe
    both of us beaten and bruised and still in shock. we'd lost all of our friends, almost all of our family (who kind of knew we were 'spiritually sick'. heh..). we were mentally, physically, and emotionally drained, but free.

Unlearn, just brings it all back. I get what you're saying, there was a sweetness about that time when my husband and I left. Terrifying and lonely but we had each other. We wondered through the bookshops together, buying and reading whatever we liked. Freedom.

• KWJoe
    KWJoe

The Velvet Underground was one of my favorite groups. Back in the late 90's I was shopping for Christmas presents. I came across a website for Mo Tucker (female drummer of VU). I ordered a few cds and tee shirts and she was unsure of how much the shipping would be....she told me to send $10 for shipping and if it was less than that, she would send a refund. A few weeks later, I received the merchandise and inside was a personal check from Mo Tucker for $4 for the excess shipping charge. Needless to say, I never cashed it. Also, she was a very heavy smoker.....the tee shirts smelled of cigarette smoke.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit