Anyone Celebrating Halloween this Year???

by cognac 58 Replies latest jw friends

• cognac
    cognac

I started yesterday. Took the kids (they were both princesses) and my nephew to 3 different events. Got tons of candy and the kids had a blast.

Today will be a parade.

For Trick or Treating, are parents supposed to dress up? What are you doing?

• ctrwtf
    ctrwtf

Have celebrated for several years now. At first took my daughter trick or treating. This year, dropping her off so she can do make-up for a friend. (A chelsea grin) Then they're going t or ting in our little village. As for me, home with a cocktail and Bram Stoker's Dracula.

• Stand for Pure Worship
    Stand for Pure Worship

Yes, do tell, is anyone celebrating Samhain this year? Anyone dressing up as a druid? Eating candy and playing with ouija boards later in the evening after being dressed like a smurf? On a meeting night nonetheless?

• gma-tired2
    gma-tired2

SFPW Thank you wonderful ideas.

• fakesmile
    fakesmile

i might go as a jehovahs witness. maybe a mormon would be more obvious with a bike helmet and a name tag.

• cantleave
    cantleave

I will be dressing up as Satan, playing with an Ouija board whilst listening to Black Sabbath and watching the Exorcist. My kids love Halloween as much as me. SFPW please feel free to come round and join us, you would be welcome.

Angus Robertson

• Maralee
  • designs
    designs

Halloween for adults is huge this year.

• dazed but not confused
    dazed but not confused

Last Halloween was the first ever holiday my son and I celebrated. This Halloween will be the first holiday the whole family celebrates together.We did a little decorating. Not much but it’s a start. We will be decorating for Christmas this year too. We got most of the kids shopping done already.

Seeing the joy on my kids faces makes me happy and sad; happy they will enjoy everything that comes with child hood, sad because I see what I really missed out on as a child.

P.S. SFPW – Theocratic Seduction – Go s*it somewhere else.

• Caupon
    Caupon

Not really interested this year. But while I was still in agreement with the phony Russelites, I actually went trick-or-treating with my brother. We both knew it was wrong, but we really wanted some candy. We dressed up in regular clothes because we had no costumes. I actually put socks on my hands to trick people into believing I actually had a costume. We both agreed we would never tell anyone. We sure enjoyed the candy.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit