Letting go of Highly Qualified Men

by James Jackson 55 Replies latest jw friends

• James Jackson
    James Jackson

I have been posting for a few months now and have read the life stories of Tech49, Confusedandalone, Winston Smith and other Brothers who have held prominent positions in the Organization who were dismissed not for any gross sins, but mainly for not keeping their child toeing the line. They have been "cast aside", nit picked to death, and made to feel unworthy for their years of dedicated service. Even in my case, having my best friends treat me like the plague to jockey for position of recogntion.

Is this what the Organization is resorting to now? Like a weeding out process?

• Ucantnome
    Ucantnome

i think families of elders should be exemplary as they have prominent positions

• nonjwspouse
    nonjwspouse

Families of Elders generally have fatherless children for the most part. Their fathers have unrealistic expectations asked of them if they do what they are expected to do. Then the children are left without proper time and attention, even from thier mothers, as the wives are expected to do a lot of entertaining and visiting as well. Is it any wonder the children of elders act out or leave? They see more of the reality of the borg sometimes.

I would like to know if there is some special effort on the part of other men in the organization to help elders with duties so the elders can then spend much needed time with their own kids? if not, then how very selfish of them.

Also, reality is that regardless of how a child is raised, there are some very strong willed children who will sow those wild oats. Period. Fact of life.

I wonder how many congregations have a massive shortage of elder material just because the criteria is overboard, (or have very young unqualified elders) ?

• Ucantnome
    Ucantnome

if prominent elders need more time with their families then God can provide replacements. I think most elders ive known don't mind giving the lesser one a good kicking so to speak

• James Jackson
    James Jackson

Elder families are to be exemplary, however there is no alowance for a child to err.

Also, in my case 6 Elders were childless, 2 with (they were the only ones who spoke positively for me, the ones without children "have families all figured out").

• Skinnedsheep
    Skinnedsheep

I agree with you. However there are elders who have used their position to advocate for leniency when their kids screw up. As a former Elder I remember one meeting where an Elder argued that he should retain his privilege despite his kid smoking weed. The kid was privately reproved and the Elder remained as such. I am convinced it was because no one wanted to take on his job of secretary.

• designs
    designs

Don't hold your breath waiting for a invitation to the next congregation BBQ.

• confusedandalone
    confusedandalone

James Jackson I do feel bad for you. I know your pain. I think the org is really advocating the use of young single elders now more than ever because Men without families (yes, having children with a wife is a family) are much easier too manipulate because they have no clue what it is like to care or nuture someone. When you have kids it humbles you, they don't want humble men because humble men are forgiving, humble men are balanced, humble men try to be fair.

Young single elders in their twenties and early thirties by and large are arrogant sacks of pickles. They pioneer and suppose that everyone else can too, THey are nit picky because they haven't lived long enough to realize what real hardship is.

At the time there was lots of rumbling amongst my young body of elders because my 8 year old at the time was not an Unbaptized Pub... my other child has duisabilities and because he cant sit still and be quiet I was told "If gave off the idea I didn't have control of him". These things were said by the younger men in their twenties and one around my age mid 30''s however he had no kids. THe others who were older felt it had no bearing.

The new wave of elders remind me of the Hitler youth movement. They are trained early to avoid kids and even marriage if possible. A huge deal is made of them and how great they are. THey are giving repsponsibilities far too early and they have a huge sense of self-importance. They will do whatever is told to them because they are the ultimate company men. They are disfellowship happy and they constantly seek to tear others down.

These are the men they want in control for the future... the enforcers who rarely apply wthe words from their bibles but always want to reason over the Pharisaic Laws of the Elders Shepherding the Flock book

• wasblind
    wasblind

" The ones without children have families all figured out "_____ James Jackson

When the Jehovah's Witnesesses tried to convince me to pull my daughter out of extra curricular activities

An elder once told me that he didn't see what kids got out of extracurricular activites in school

his wife agreed whole heartly, especially scince they were a childless couple

AND, This same sister had a close relative pull thier child off of the sports team in school

because she said it promoted things Jehovah was against, only to turn around and accompany her

husband to see his favorite team do the things she claimed Jehovah was against

• Ucantnome
    Ucantnome

humble men know others can cope without them

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit