YOU ARE DOING A GOOD JOB!

by abiather 19 Replies latest jw friends

• abiather
    abiather

I am still a JW. I can’t give any more details than this because of my family members who are devout JWs. I cherish a larger picture in my heart without anybody knowing it—TRUE WORSHIP means LOVE AND COMPASSION, (Luke 10:25-37) not belonging to any organization or having a set of belief system! There are good and bad people in all religions—including JWs, hence no religion is better than the other. Hence I do not follow JWs’ strongest command to shun the apostates. Because my reasoning goes like this:

When faced with two evils, choose the lesser one.

When faced with two conflicting authorities, obey the superior one.

JWs command to shun the enemies (apostates) whereas Jesus asks us to ‘Love your enemies.’ Why? Because, God loves them. And he further says: This is how we become ‘the children our Father in heaven.’ (Mathew 5:43, 44) I prefer to obey God and Jesus who asks us ‘love your enemies.’

Interestingly, my experience is that this site is not inimical to JWs. It only HELPS the real TRUTH-SEEKERS! Sometime back, my view of JWs as being unique was shattered when I read in this site (“JWs... You Are Not Unique! Take A Look At This. My Research,” written by Aussie Oz); I cross-checked it and found that it was true, and it did open my eyes.

After carefully weighing the matter, I now decide to partake in the JW.net discussion because of the high quality of some of the articles and views expressed here. I believe appreciation should be expressed, hence I am here.

YOU ARE DOING A GOOD JOB!

You can still be more elegant, if some of your members fine-tune their writings/views little more so that no one accuses you of being blind opposers of JWs or having a blind hatred of them. How nice it will be if views are made dispassionately.

• AnnOMaly
  • Bruja-del-Sol
    Bruja-del-Sol

Welcome Abiather!

I like your two 'rules'. My two rules are 'do what you want as long as you harm none' (including oneself) and 'whatever you do, good or bad, will return to you threefold' (sort of 'what goes around comes around').

Enjoy your stay at JWN

• Fernando
    Fernando

A warm welcome abiather.

Thank you for your kind words and constructive observations.

I too have come to conclude that "organisation" and "doctrinal beliefs" seem to get in the way of truth, love and compassion.

Looking forward to reading more of your posts and comments.

Fernando

• flipper
    flipper

ABIATHER- Welcome to the board, nice to have you here. It's good that you allow yourself to do research outside the JW organization and outside the WT Society's writings. It gives a person a fuller, more complete picture of the real world. As far as some being a bit over the top in expressing anger towards the organization- please try to understand that many here have been hurt deeply, personally have lost close family, i.e. children, spouses, parents, or siblings in the Witnesses who have shunned them for years - or even some have suffered terribly unjust abuse from elders who only give their personal opinions as counsel- not God's opinion or the Bible. So many here have a reason for their vitriol toward the WT Society. It's not just blind hatred, it's very well informed and educated hatred.

That being said I agree that we as ex-JW's need to be somewhat more diplomatic at times and curb the aggression when dealing with newer board members especially those just exiting the Witnesses. You talk about being less " dispassionate ". Well- passion is a good thing when it's focused, acurate, and when the motive is to help free other people's minds from lies and misinformation that's out there. I can see being less emotional perhaps, but I have a deep motivation and passion after being 10 years out of the organization to assist exiting JW's to find happiness and freedom of mind. True freedom of mind. I come from a good place and am seeking to assist people into a good place moving on in life. Just my 2 cents on the subject. So you see- passion can be a good thing if applied properly in a positive way. Nice to have you here, take care, look forward to hearing more from you. I understand the need for confidentiality. Lots of us have JW relatives still in the organization. We'll be here for you, O.K. ? Peace out, Mr. Flipper

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

Welcome to the forum abiather

There's much to learn in learning " The Truth about the Truth "

After you've been here for awile you'll see that being blind opposers to the JW organization isn't what the intent is all about here,

its really more about earnestly seeking out and defining the truth about what is the WTS., its doctrines it creates and its operations

as a publishing organization.

• JakeM2012
    JakeM2012

Welcome

• Decided
    Decided

I really can't be decided about religion. All religions about a God who says you will be killed, tormented etc if you don't follow his rules as explained by some book written by men who must explain what it says to his worshipers. How do you figure out who has it right? The scripture that says Christ came not to bring peace but a division between the family who doesn't agree on what he teaches. Matt 10:34,35.

So is religion peaceful or not.

Ken P.

• Loveyourneighbor
    Loveyourneighbor

Wow... Sounds like you are in same boat as I am. I also am still a JW. But don't practice shunning. Because I feel the same way. And always chose to follow Jesus command instead of mans. And Jesus two commands were love Jehovah with your whole heart and love your neighbor as your self. So glad to know I am not alone... Because it really feels that way sometimes.

• Suraj Khan
    Suraj Khan

Welcome!

I agree - we could all do a better job of keeping it collegial, both between ourselves and toward those who still adhere to the JW dogma. As Flipper said, many of us (myself definitely included) are still dealing with anger, sadness and loss. It's hard to work past that in posts, and maybe it's not even genuine to put it aside. But I think we need to do a better job of putting it in its place.

Anyway: Again, welcome. I'm glad you're here.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit