How I recently handled JWs at my door

by Christian guy 310 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• haboob48
    haboob48

Christian Guy, I really enjoyed this post and it was an easy read. Well done, I look forward to more posts from you. Thank you and Welcome!

hb48

• Christian guy
    Christian guy

Thanks for the warm welcome everybody. Well, almost evcerybody. iCeltic I assume you are an atheist. I am not. I am an ex-JW Christian.

I feigned interest in what the JWs were saying at my door because I had heard it all before but I wanted to gain the opportunity to talk to them further because I cared about them. And I thought I might be able to reach them with the true gospel of Jesus Christ and by so doing help them find a better life, a life free from having to obey all of the burdensome and foolish rules and regulations of the Watchtower Society. Just as someone had reached me.

JWs should be ashamed of what they are preaching because they claim to be preaching what the apostles taught and it can be easily proven that they are not doing what they claim. I make no claims that you can easily prove to be false. You might think I am wasting my life believing in the God of the Bible because you contend He does not exist. But you cannot prove your contention.

Not too long ago I too was a skeptic. But I found strong evidence that Jesus Christ is indeed the Creator of the universe and the Savior of the world. Maybe I will share it with you sometime. When I am convinced that you are sincerely looking for such evidence. In the meantime I will be mindful of Christ's words, "Do not cast your your pearls before swine or give what is holy to dogs. For if you do they may trample them under their feet and turn aound and tear you to pieces." (Matt. 7:6)

• ABibleStudent
    ABibleStudent

Welcome Christian guy, Interesting tactic and scriptures to help JWs to think. I hope that you post whether the JWs return in the future. Also, if your intentions are to help JWs to critically think for themselves, I compliment you on your intentions.

Peace be with you and everyone, who you love,

Robert

• Laika
    Laika

Good work Christian guy! JWs hear the phrase 'good news' so often, getting them to question the way they use it is pretty smart.

The pearls before swine comment was a bit harsh though, you'll probably regret that one soon.

• cantleave
    cantleave

Awesome! Mind blowing logic. THANK YOU for sharing

• iCeltic
    iCeltic

I wasn't giving you a cold welcome, I was giving an option on your post. My personal feelings are that it's the height of arrogance to think that they are wrong and you personally have the 'true gospel of Jesus'

nice quote at the end there, alluding that I am a dog and not worthy of hearing the message. Utter arrogance. I find that attitude revolting. You have no idea who I am, no idea what my heart is like or the type of person I am. You are hardly likely to gain me as a brother, as it were, by making comments like the pearl before swine comment, quite disgusting.

• JWdaughter
    JWdaughter

I don't really buy much of any of it anymore, but that they distort what it actually does say cannot be denied. I am happy to see that you got them thinking and I love the line of reasoning that you used-which was honest and did not need any manipulation or twisting. I appreciate that.

• The Searcher
    The Searcher

Welcome Christian Guy!

Very much appreciated your Scriptural reasoning with the Witnesses. Planting seeds is the best we can do.

The Blue Letter Bible describes the Greek word basileia as meaning " royal power, kingship, dominion, rule - not to be confused with an actual kingdom but rather the right or authority to rule over a kingdom."

Simply put, when reading the word 'kingdom' in the Bible, it is simpler to understand it as speaking of a kingship - Christ's kingship!

Vine's Expository Dictionary says, Kingdom: is primarily an abstract noun, denoting "sovereignty, royal power, dominion," e.g., Rev 17:18, translated "(which) reigneth," lit., "hath a kingdom" (RV marg.); then, by metonymy, a concrete noun, denoting the territory or people over whom a king rules, e.g., Mat 4:8; Mar 3:24. It is used especially of the "kingdom" of God and of Christ.

• cantleave
    cantleave

I am an Atheist I think all religion is BS, but when dealing with JW's you need to show that their cult doesn't follow the bible as they claim, which is why I like this approach.

• bohm
    bohm

brilliant reasoning on your feet.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit