LURKERS, FENCE-SITTING JW'S and FADERS, here is your LIST

by Terry 15 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• darth frosty
    darth frosty

Nice handy list!

• anonymouz
    anonymouz

If the congregation served popcorn and cookies then you might hang out a while longer. Maybe a sunday potluck could reinforce fader magnetism. One can then wash it all down with some Bethel Kool-Aid.

In the mean time Bethel's Titanic has hit the iceberg in 1976 by GB navigation, has now taken in icewater into the lower congregational compartments, life boats are to be used NOW to flee none will be available later (Matt24:15), and the ship is sinking noticeably now to everyone on shore, not to many on the ship. On the ship it is just a firedrill...

JWs are merely shining the Bethel brass of it's Titanic system, to borrow a JW phrase I used to hear about the world system.

• Terry
    Terry

Sometimes I sit and think about the demise of the NEW WORLD SOCIETY in all its imaginary glory.

That phrase was uttered a million times a year by JW's all over the planet.

And now, nobody in the Organization thinks about it. Newbies have never heard of it.

It lies in a heap of ruins along side all those discarded "important" teaching which once were "food at the proper time."

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

Sometimes I sit and think about the demise of the NEW WORLD SOCIETY in all its imaginary glory.

That phrase was uttered a million times a year by JW's all over the planet.

And now, nobody in the Organization thinks about it. Newbies have never heard of it.

Most JWs no longer have faith that The End is imminent. They don't really think it's going to happen in their lifetime.

That is evident by their lifestyle and their interests. Yes, most are "going through the motions" (meetings, FS, 30-hour pioneering). But it's as though they are just keeping one-foot-in-the-door, just in case Armageddon does come in their lifetime.

They are planning their futures, investing in 401Ks for retirement, building their business if self-employed, both working full time, buying newer and bigger everything.

Does any of that sound like they truly BELIEVE the end of the world is coming tomorrow?

Doc

• eyeuse2badub
    eyeuse2badub

Does any of that sound like they truly BELIEVE the end of the world is coming tomorrow?

Doc

JW's are just following the lead of the GB and their new building projects which will take years to complete. Do you really think the GB is expecting the big A anytime sooooooooooon?

• Terry
    Terry

Off topic: Today is the last day for Authors to earn revenue for this quarter!

I'm going to jump in and make my pitch.

PLEASE GIVE MY BOOK A LOOK SEE. It is available in Hard back, paperback and e-book version.

http://www.lulu.com/spotlight/m0rtslaw

If you own a Kindle you can go to Amazon.com

I WEPT BY THE RIVERS OF BABYLON is the title. I've only had positive feedback thus far, and boy am I happy about that!!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit