JW apologist Emeth dismisses teachings of Russell as irrelevant, uninspired and even funny.. Maybe in the future jw's will say the same about todays Governing Body?

by The Quiet One 21 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• The Quiet One
    The Quiet One

Emeth said: "Russell never claimed to be a inspired prophet or without any failures or mistakes. He was just a human as much as i and you are. He is just a person who started a process of digging and searching for bible truths. He himself dug up some nice things , like the teaching of the mortality of the soul,.. the firehose on Hell to name a few. Furthermore he saw the need to spread the word all over the world and made a start. But having that said,.. he still had a lot of things to learn, to discover and to lighten up.His writings ( i have the old studies of the scripture volumes in print myself) are pretty much outdated and irrelavant. Collectors items and sometimes even funny to read. But we owe him thanks for starting up a process. That process is still ongoing."

http://www.jehovahs-witness.net/watchtower/bible/265707/2/If-you-want-to-show-a-JW-some-of-the-older-publications-from-a-non-apostate-and-safe-website#.UmcIzV18uo8

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

" outdated and irrelavant (sic)" = WRONG

• The Quiet One
    The Quiet One

Emeth, the Governing Body don't claim to be inspired or infallible either.. How do you know that teachings you would be DF'd for disagreeing with today will not be seen as irrelevant, outdated and amusing in the future? (You have to accept their teachings as coming from God, yet they admit that some things they say may be wrong..)"They do not claim that this slave class is infallible, but they do view it as the one channel that the Lord is using during the last days of this system of things."Proclaimers p.626

http://www.jwfacts.com/watchtower/directed-by-holy-spirit.php

• Old Goat
    Old Goat

The soon to be released book by historians Schulz and deVienne shows that Russell started nothing. Russell did not claim to have an original idea. He claimed to have chosen the best of what was avialable in the various creeds. The governing body and Watch Tower Society want to distance themselves from Russell. This is a shameful rejection of their own past.

I doubt that "genteel" knows his own history.

I hope that more original and accurate research such as that by Schulz and deVienne dispells the myths that surround Russell and his sometimes really creepy associates.

You should visit this web page http://truthhistory.blogspot.com/

• Las Malvinas son Argentinas
    Las Malvinas son Argentinas

'Hermano Russell' was always some sort of mythical figure to us. That stern Puritan face and stout Santa Claus beard made him look like he was from a long ago and proud era. With that said, there was like this unwritten and unspoken word that we did not examine his works, and those who would even be so brave as to ask for one of his publications at the literature counter would be made to feel as if it were a stupid question. I always wondered why. I found the answer as I moved into non-WT media to find out more about this religion I belonged to. As a result, I found that JWs have a very weak religious foundation. Russell built his house upon predictions which turned out to be false, and everyone who came after him has only attempted to cover it up. No one has ever attempted to right the ship. Like a building long ago condemned, they keep on patching it up just enough to keep the doors open and the money flowing in.

• The Quiet One
    The Quiet One

Emeth has kindly informed me that his posting limit has been reached.. So don't think that he isn't bothering to answer or read this. Please keep the comments coming..

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

Thanks Oldgoat! I have no issues with CTR just doing his best to search for answers. I can' really judge him. I would have been all into pyramids and ancient ruins too. The problem today is the arrogance of the WTBTS. Their ideas MUST be accepted as truth, or else!!

DD

• The Quiet One
    The Quiet One

The point is that today, as Datadog mentioned, 'present truth' is not open to questioning. Tomorrow it could change, and even be looked back on as amusing by future generations.. How might Jehovah have felt, watching Witnesses die because his mouthpiece told them that organ transplants were like cannibalism. Any other examples of positions that have changed over time, and could not be disagreed upon?

• wasblind
    wasblind

Very amusing . Yes

" Meanwhile, what about October 1914 ? For decades Russell and his associates had been proclaiming that the Gentile Times would end in 1914. Expectations were high. C.T. Russell had been critical of those who had set dates for the lords return, such as william Miller and some Secound Adventist groups. Yet, from the time of his early association with Nelson Barbour, he was convinced that there was an accurate chonology, based on the Bible, and that it pointed to 1914 as the end of Gentile Times."_____Proclaimers book page 60

" October 1914 passed, and C. T, Russell and his associates were still on earth. Then October 1915 passed......" ____Proclaimers book page 62

That's only one of the many predictions of the jehovah's witness religion

Today is October 22, 2013 ......

• The Quiet One
    The Quiet One

Strange how the Governing Body claim not to be inspired , though, considering this statement published by Jehovahs Faithful Slave..
    "The Watchtower is not the instrument of any man or set of men, nor is it published according to the whims of men.No man's opinion is expressed in The Watchtower.."Watchtower1931 Nov 1 p.327

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit