Can This Site Be Even Better?

by minimus 13 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus

I believe this place has the ability to help countless JWs get out of the religion.

This site also helps people understand the most current events in Watchtower World, even before most in a congregation get to hear about it!

At JWN, we have some very sharp posters who have abilities to make a point easily understood.

Many have us have been out of the Watchtower for years. New ones inspect this place. I hope they feel this is a forum that is most welcoming.

• Suraj Khan
    Suraj Khan

Some suggestions. Some are even serious.

- Disagreement is vital but the hits should be clean. Too many people are getting alienated by drama and personal attacks.

- A toaster oven for every 1,000 posts.

- 'Thumbs up' and 'thumbs down' for the less verbose of us.

- Free boobs in email. Okay, so I feel sexually deprived because of my JW childhood. Sue me.

- A knighthood for Outlaw.

- Instead of continually posting links to help sources, maybe an in-forum self-help guide for lurkers and newbies, a folder just called "The Red Pill"?

• minimus
    minimus

I LOVE the toasters idea! I could sell a bunch of them!

• Iamallcool
  • minimus
    minimus

$300 bucks per toaster....Just give me the cash value for all of my well desrved toasters.

• Iamallcool
    Iamallcool

$10,500!!!

• minimus
    minimus

I'll make it easier for Simon. Just give me my posting amounts back and he can keep the toasters and the cash.

• minimus
    minimus

Hey, maybe this is as good as this site can ever be. Most everyone is on the same page in discussions.

• braincleaned
    braincleaned

This site is great as is. The only thing on my wishlist is an on-board spell-check/dictionary. Of course, being on a mac, I may have missed it.

• LoisLane looking for Superman
    LoisLane looking for Superman

Suraj Khan... Boobies? In an email? What does that mean? lol

Quick story. There was a "special pioneer" living with us in LA for a while. His parents were in the circuit work in the South. He had led a sheltered life.

He came home by himself, as I was returning from a date. He got out of his car with a string bunched together of 2 big flesh colored balloons, with red tipped nipples drawn on. He had the biggest smile on his face. (I also think he was a little drunk). David B**** where ever you are, I hope sometime in your life, you got to touch the real thing. (The last I heard he was living in Arizona and never married. Poor guy. I think Bethel life would have suited him.)

Back on track... Posts that are like this and that and also plus the ones that just say "marked" should they be counted?

You could have a 100 posts just saying "marked". If this is done 10 X 100 it would equal 1,000... Would the poster really deserve a free toaster, for saying... Nothing? Inquiring minds want to know.

LoisLane

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit