Matthew 5:37. A question for all who stand for pure worship!

by DATA-DOG 28 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

Matthew 5:37 " Just let your word ‘Yes’ mean yes, your ‘No,’ no, for what goes beyond these is from the wicked one." RNWT

Question:

Is JEHOVAH God's name?

• The Quiet One
    The Quiet One

Proverbs 18:10 --
    'The name of Jehovah is a strong tower. Into it the righteous runs and is given protection.'
    http://wol.jw.org/en/wol/b/r1/lp-e/20/18

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

Was that a 'yes'?

• Watkins
    Watkins

No. That was NOT the way the Israelites pronounced God's name, with the "J" being a relatively recent(as history goes) addition. We all know(JW or not) it's a fact that the name was invented by a monk.

God's name was never meant to be some sort of spoken talisman. I think over-use of the word "Jehovah" by JWs is irreverent... the way the wtbts has dragged that name in the mud is blasphemous - because they DO think it's His name. ):

W

• emeth
    emeth

Interesting study (by Karaite Jews ) on how to pronounce the Divine Name, the Hebrew Tetragrammaton YHWH

karaite-korner.org/yhwh_2.pdf

• The Quiet One
    The Quiet One

"Since certainty of pronunciation is not now attainable, there seems to be no reason for abandoning in English the well-known form “Jehovah” in favor of some other suggested pronunciation. If such a change were made, then, to be consistent, changes should be made in the spelling and pronunciation of a host of other names found in the Scriptures: Jeremiah would be changed to Yir·meyah′, Isaiah would become Yeshaʽ·ya′hu, and Jesus would be either Yehoh·shu′aʽ (as in Hebrew) or I·e·sous′ (as in Greek). The purpose of words is to transmit thoughts; in English the name Jehovah identifies the true God, transmitting this thought more satisfactorily today than any of the suggested substitutes."

wol.jw.org/en/wol/d/r1/lp-e/1200002391?q=jehovah+name&p=par

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

I'm sorry, what was your answer?

• Splash
    Splash

Go on, I'll bite .

Yes, that is the name he has been given

Splash

• emeth
    emeth

Again,...Interesting study (by Karaite Jews ) on how to pronounce the Divine Name, the Hebrew Tetragrammaton YHWH

karaite-korner.org/yhwh_2.pdf

The Masoretes of ancient times were Karaites too...

• The Quiet One
    The Quiet One

The pronunciation of Gods name is unknown, so it's impossible to reply with a definite yes or no. If He ever decides to tell me, I'll be sure to let you know..

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit