If all ''faders'' abruptly left the Watchtower and made no effort to hide the reasons why, what affect, if any, do you think it would make on the congregations?

by ThomasCovenant 21 Replies latest jw friends

• braincleaned
    braincleaned

I would love that. However, I agree that mostly, the Borg have the commands of the flock's brain.
    But wow — if only...

• blondie
    blondie

I have seen individuals leave

I have seen families leave

I have seen extended families leave

I have seen bible study groups leave

I have seen congregations leave

BUT

I have seen the WTS

1) Conceal it

2) Twist it

3) Threaten those still in with being kicked out

4) Dissolve congregations and reassign the publishers to several other congregations

5) Start rumors

6) Demonize those that leave

7) Reinvent the history

• Bob_NC
    Bob_NC

I hope that a coordinated stopping is possible. It would send scare and shock waves through the org. I believe that the steady trickle out is having an effect already, but a big work stoppage would bring the inner workings to a halt.

Let's do it! I did already.

• westiebilly11
    westiebilly11

their unity is dependent on continuous literature indoctrination/ feeding, regular meetings and the ministry, all wrapped up in a fear of losing friendships cultivated over many years, not to mention family bonds,( emotional ones not the money type!)..and blind trust in the org.....for faders to take action unitedly would need a leap of 'faith' ....individuals are looking towards the doors out...but it takes real courage to come out and take the risk....

• KiddingMe
    KiddingMe

I remember when I first came in the "truth" I was told about all the apostasy and cleaning out of Bethel. That was a warning sign. I was so ignorant to think, how good this was of the Jehovah (through his org) to keep his congregation clean from the top to the bottom.

For those that put their complete trust in the org, all it would take is for some form of the org addressing by way of literature, from platform etc. to close up any doubts that stemmed from abrupt departures.

On any of the levels Blondie mentioned above, entire families, congregations, etc. the WTS would have a way to spin it to blame the "faders".

Our last C.O. Visit, he talked about the various reasons many are no longer here, some of the them were things like, they gave in to fear; failed & got themselves involved in wrong doing; some fall because they had personal weaknesses, but made the choice to back off or refused to get help.

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

I stopped going, just like that, after 58 years of being the very best Meeting attender. It is certainly preferable to fading in my opinion, as the end result is the same.

Even if you fade very gradually, at some point you are going to get the questions and the "Shepherding" call.

A huge bunch of folks just stopping would have the same effect as I outlined above, simply too much for the Elders to deal with.

So again, what a great idea, if only we can get it off the ground.

Let's hammer the idea in to JW's heads, and get them all to leave at once in early October next year LOL

• Gayle
    Gayle

An abuser doesn't self-scrutinize much. They just stand back scratching their butt, stating they just don't understand at all 'why' ones (their victims) left them. They put the blame on others.

• Legacy
    Legacy

Hi All,

I have been all through several web-sites where active & inactive witnesses comment, vent & so forth...It's basically all over the internet, how folks feel about the ORG...as I have written on this site before...everyhing in the world has been exposed except for the teflon society...

They would look at it as they look at everything...they are being persecuted. It's the work of Satan, & so on. It would have to happen world wide to make an impact...& it would have to be made public so they would know why most left. Then when or if they were asked by the media, someone would have to speak up & say....Too many predictions, too many misleading doctrines..etc. But it would have to public all over the media..Headlines: Mass Exodus of the Jehovah Witness Org. thousands live because.........it would have to be in the Daily News, NYT or WSJ. But as my mom says, folks would say, Ah them, they are a cult...folks wouldn't even care, because the general opinion about witnesses are...You mean, them witnesses, yep, they are nuts...

I really don't want the society to fall, just would like to see the fear factor eliminated...to serve not out of fear but that they may have more of the truth than others....

Only time will tell...but it would be something to see...but if the Catholics are still here after all the press they got for messing around with little boys...& there are still millions of Catholics, & they admit what they did was wrong...I'm just saying..

Legacy

• Jim_TX
    Jim_TX

As with anything... not everyone would walk out. Let's say that you get 75% of the 'male members' (let the reader use discernment) to leave. That leaves 25%... that would get promoted to 'elder' status (if they did not already have that title) - to fill the gaps.

Now, you have dumbed down the IQ of the organization even further.

The reading level drops from 7th grade level to... ???

Regards,

Jim TX

• rmt1

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit