Jehovah is King! New Light or muck up in 15/01/14 WT?

by wizzstick 30 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

Let's review: IT'S A CULT!!

Here is the deal. Scripturally speaking ( from a JW point of view ) it's THE JESUS SHOW right now. Jesus is in charge of the entire Universe from NOW, until the Big A, and then 1,000 years. Most JWs don't seem to get that, and it's no accident. The WTBTS as an Oganization/Corporation is all about brand recognition. They DO NOT want their customers going to Jesus.

http://www.ehow.com/about_6679808_brand-recognition_.html

The WTBTS has to do everything it can to emphasize their idea of " Jehovah ." It's their brand. Without it the Organization fades into obscurity, and they KNOW it. The worst thing that could ever happen to the WTBTS is for it's members to develop a relationship with Jesus. Why else would the " one true Christian religion " exist for over 100 years by divine providence and never produce a single drama, or DVD about Jesus? Aren't the GB Christ's brothers? Aren't they the authority? Wouldn't they represent him better than anyone on the Earth? They should be able to produce the finest film or drama ever made, because they have Jehovah's blessing. God's word says that we are to honor the Son to the glory of the Father, if you don't then you do not really know the Father.

• carla
    carla

jehovah who is GOD becomes a 'king' on earth? I cannot wrap my head around jw-isms even after all these years. Though I grew up with the scriptures reading more like below. jw's have such a small god in my mind.

NIV 31- Let the heavens rejoice, let the earth be glad;
    let them say among the nations, “The Lord reigns!”

Psalm 97 The Lord reigneth; let the earth rejoice; let the multitude of isles be glad thereof. (sorry, forgot which translation used but you get the idea)

New Living Translation -

23 Then the glory of the moon will wane,
    and the brightness of the sun will fade,
    for the Lord of Heaven’s Armies will rule on Mount Zion.
    He will rule in great glory in Jerusalem,
    in the sight of all the leaders of his people.

New King James -

16 And the twenty-four elders who sat before God on their thrones fell on their faces and worshiped God, 17 saying:

“We give You thanks, O Lord God Almighty,
    The One who is and who was and who is to come, [ a ]
    Because You have taken Your great power and reigned.
    18 The nations were angry, and Your wrath has come,
    And the time of the dead, that they should be judged,
    And that You should reward Your servants the prophets and the saints,
    And those who fear Your name, small and great,
    And should destroy those who destroy the earth.”

• Splash
    Splash

No, not a typo. Paragraph 2 answers that "Can you answer?" question by saying:

"In fact, Jehovah has already become king in our day!... Jehovah's becoming king is not the same as the coming of Gods kingdom"

So both Jesus and Jehovah became kings in 1914.

Makes sense to me. It's no different to before really. I've always believed this.

Splash

• braincleaned
    braincleaned

IT SAYS "...Bible prophecies proved conclusively that Jesus Christ had begun to rule in heaven as King of God’s Kingdom in 1914. By enthroning his Son as the Messianic King, Jehovah had, indeed, become King in a new sense!"

WHHAAAAAT? It doesn't make ANY sense at all!!!
    Have theygone mad???

• EverApostate
    EverApostate

If Jehovah became King in 1914, what was he before ? There is nobody above Jehovah, and doesnt that sound ridiculous that he became king at some point ?

• braincleaned
    braincleaned

I know right? King is a step down from God, no?

Then again, that's why I'm an atheist — because the Bible is absurd.

• wolfman85
    wolfman85

It is a familiar motif in Scripture. The Org. didn't pluck this one from thin air.

(1 Chronicles 16:31) . . .Let the heavens rejoice, and let the earth be joyful, And let them say among the nations, ‘Jehovah himself has become king!’

(Psalm 97:1, 2) . . .Jehovah himself has become king! Let the earth be joyful. Let the many islands rejoice. Clouds and thick gloom are all around him; Righteousness and judgment are the established place of his throne.

(Isaiah 24:23) . . .And the full moon has become abashed, and the glowing [sun] has become ashamed, for Jehovah of armies has become king in Mount Zion and in Jerusalem and in front of his elderly men with glory.

(Revelation 11:16-18) . . .And the twenty-four elders who were seated before God upon their thrones fell upon their faces and worshiped God, saying: “We thank you, Jehovah God, the Almighty, the One who is and who was, because you have taken your great power and begun ruling as king. But the nations became wrathful, and your own wrath came, and the appointed time for the dead to be judged, and to give [their] reward to your slaves the prophets and to the holy ones and to those fearing your name, the small and the great, and to bring to ruin those ruining the earth.”

The problem that I found with these texts is the phrase "has become". Is this phrase an addition of the NWT??

• DS211
    DS211

It all goes back to what happens when u change LORD to Jehovah...there are a ton of scriptures that show Jesus is of the same nature as Jehovah and throughout the Bible both are interchangeable.

Jehovah is saviour, jesus is saviour

jehovah is king, jesus is king

jehovah is the alpha andomega, so is Christ

......need i really keep goin?

• AnnOMaly
    AnnOMaly

The problem that I found with these texts is the phrase "has become". Is this phrase an addition of the NWT??

Good question!

1 Chron 16:31 - commonly rendered "the LORD reigns"

Ps. 97:1 - "the LORD reigns" or "rules" or "is king"

Isa 24:23 - interesting - most commonly, "will reign" or "will rule" or "shall reign"

Rev 11:16-18 - "[You] ... have begun to reign" or "have reigned" or (Weymouth) "hast become King"

Go to biblehub.com to compare.

• pixel
    pixel

"...Bible prophecies proved conclusively that Jesus Christ had begun to rule in heaven as King of God’s Kingdom in 1914. By enthroning his Son as the Messianic King, Jehovah had, indeed, become King in a new sense!"

So, if a king makes another person a king, the first king becomes king in another way? Crazy.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit