Marriage In The New World

by Cold Steel 55 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Shanagirl
    Shanagirl

Why would one have to worry about whether or not they would marry? Especially if there is no marriage or ones given in marriage. Since that is a fleshly and organic point of view, and our spirit will return back to God, obviously there are other abodes to look forward to in the Father's Kingdom that is not fleshly or earthly. Another realm another dimension, no longer tied to matter and chaos on this earth. The JW's would have all believe the same thing Satan told Eve, oh no you won't die, you will be just like god and live forever here in paradise, Really?? Don't think so,

Red roseShana

• prologos
    prologos

a wt illustration on the "100 year accomplishment" thread shows the rightious to be resurrected Jesus and the "good" evildoer. with no body hair.

in the resurrection will this be true too under the loincloth?

hirsute, hormone challended resurrected ones?

Of Course the center figure Jesus will have his bride, but that is another matter.

Even his father, not the carpenter, had his wife, the Jerusalem above?

so, let us hasten the day to avoid dying and the resurrection sterility of the system to come.

no erection in the resurrection tm, not (c)

• erbie
    erbie

I honestly think that living in a paradise would be so wonderful and complete that you would no way, not in a million years, ever want to marry anyway. I also think that from God's perspective marriage only serves the pupose of populating the earth and once that is accomplished the tap would be turned off so to speak.

This is not necessarily what erbie believes but it is what he believes the Bible hints at.

• Ucantnome
    Ucantnome

NewYork44M it could make a person want to be an apostate so they make sure they don't make it through armageddon

• smiddy
    smiddy

Those who are resurrected will be like the angels, who are a higher form of life. They do not have animal nature.

Okay , so the Angels who are a higher form of life and dont have animal nature ?? Then why did they want to have sex with the daughters of men?

Then again was it just the ladies that Angels were interested in ?

smiddy

• Patrick45
    Patrick45

Consider this part of Luke's rendering :"but those who have been counted worthy of gaining that system of things and the resurrection from the dead".

How could one be counted worthy of gaining a resurrection if everybody is going to be raised to everlasting life?

Jesus emphasized on many occasions that the ones who have faith in him will be raised by him on the last day. (John 6 eg.)

So the often proclaimed general resurrection to life might not be as general as it seems. Look, if those killed at Harmageddon or during the flood have no hope and it is said in general that the path leading to life is narrow and just a few find it, it becomes clear that only those who are part of the first resurrection are to be called blessed (Rev 20).

The second resurrection will be a judgemental one as is clearly shown in Rev20. If you countercheck who will have access to the trees of life (Rev 22:14) it becomes obvious that only those who have washed their robes in the blood of the lamb have access to the trees of life.

As per Gen 3: "and now, lest he put forth his hand, and take also of the tree of life, and eat, and live for ever:" eating from this fruit means eternal life.

Even if there might be a second chance resurrection here on earth (which I strongly doubt as per Heb 9:27 and parallel texts), this would in no way be a resurrection unto life but just a second chance to accept the son and doughtership of God out of the lost descendance of Adam and Eve.

Also consider the text in Eph 2 "

12 That at that time ye were without Christ, being aliens from the commonwealth of Israel, and strangers from the covenants of promise, having no hope, and without God in the world: 13 But now in Christ Jesus ye who sometimes were far off are made nigh by the blood of Christ." How could one be without hope, when there is a general resurrection? The path to life is narrow! God bless

• caroline77
    caroline77

That's my understanding of it, Patrick.

Why should God be interested in anyone who is not interested in Him?

• Dis-Member
    Dis-Member

It utterly amazes me how so many people, and especially those that currently are or were witnesses describe Jesus like they actually knew him and all his thoughts and motives and the meanings of all of his words. In particular Bobcats comments and style of writing reads almost identical the Watchtower style of writing. The very same self assurance and confident expertise but on the flip side. It's the very same watchtower speak.

I guess some people have just been in there way too long. You can take the man out of the Borg but you can't take the Borg out of the man.

And who here really cares about what the watchtower teaches any more anyway? Is that not why everyone has left? Or was it to quote them and use their old stale reasoning and arguments eternally in almost every thread?

How about some fresh and original ideas? Or does the watchtower run so deep in many peoples blood that they just can no longer even think and communicate outside that condescending organisational framework?

Just a thought.

• Bobcat
    Bobcat

I thought the OP asked, "How do you think this all will work out?" So, I gave my answer.

And yes, the essence of Christianity is summed up in John 17:3, '. . . coming to know the true God and the one He sent forth, Jesus Christ.'

• Dis-Member
    Dis-Member

If only that was the case Bobcat. Coming to know the true God and Christ seems to have been made into a merely intellectual activity for the smart and well read. For those with a memory for quotes and word manipulation.

Let me ask this. Do you think it's possible to 'know' God and Jesus without having an extensive theological library and being able to quote from it with ease? Is it all about reading and study? More endless dead intellectualism.

How do blind people find God and Jesus, or deaf people, or people with severe mental problems, or people that are just not very smart.

Is God only really only for the educated? Is the only way to know God and Jesus by reading a book that is so massively open to being misinterpreted and twisted out of shape?

Are there no other ways do you think?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit