Apostates with websites must have thick skin...

by ILoveTTATT 20 Replies latest jw friends

• ILoveTTATT
    ILoveTTATT

I have a page on Facebook and it made some controversial posts (My page is similar to the quotes website, except it translates the quotes to Spanish).

I post that we believed in the cross before: Meh... "Thank you brother for showing us how the light has increased"

I post that we banned organ transplants and were against vaccinations: "YOU'RE AN APOSTATE!! THIS PAGE IS APOSTATE!! APOSTATE-ALERT APOSTATE-ALERT!!"

I almost instantly received dozens of comments from this one JW apologist, calling me names, insulting the page, and when I banned him off the page, he continued bashing the page on a group.

I decided not to answer his posts on the group.

Simon, Cedars, JWFacts, Ray_Publisher, etc... KUDOS TO YOU FOR BEARING UP WITH SO MUCH BS!!

I just had my first experience with the hate from JW's... it's insane...

• braincleaned
    braincleaned

Just smile. I would leave their spite open to public judgement. Kudos to you for telling it like it is.

Today's new light is tomorrow's apostasy. Go figure.

• ABibleStudent
    ABibleStudent

Hi ILoveTTATT, You should be grateful for every insane post by JWs and JW apologists your website receives, because it may help a "Spiritually Weak" (still thinking) JW to see TTATT. Just respond to insane posts in a compassionate, caring, and confronting (but not argumentative) way that addresses their accusations. Banning them might be counter-productive unless they continue to repeat themselves at least two times. I would just delete the repetitious posts and state your reason as attempting to promote balanced and diverse expression of opinions.

Peace be with you and everyone, who you love,

Robert

• Watchtower-Free
    Watchtower-Free

A facebook member named "Beth Shan" is compiling a list of JW hate mail from all sources.

• Kojack57
    Kojack57

Ilovettatt: j-dubs are taught to be very afraid of Apostates. If they only knew that their Governing body were THE REAL APOSTATES, they would

totally lose it. But then, they just might say they are just imperfect men. Brainwashing 101

• suavojr
    suavojr

Keep it up ILOVETTATT! Just be kind and simply state the facts how the Faithful slave has presented it, ooops. I mean the slave that was a slave but did not know they had to wait until 2012 to become the slave but only if you are part of the GB in NYC. It is so hard to keep up!!!

• yadda yadda 2
  • Fernando
    Fernando

"Today's new light is tomorrow's apostasy."

Can't say it any better than braincleaned.

If anyone really needs more proof of the Sanhedrin's deadly sick spiritual condition, then maybe they still ought to continue following the Watchtower ruling religious hierarchy to Gehenna - at least until they start waking up from their spiritual slumber. (Matt 23 esp v15)

• ILoveTTATT
    ILoveTTATT

@braincleaned: It's a bit tough at this point in time because I am pretending to be a "good JW" with the page. The page has 700 followers (in just a month and a half)... I have been really careful not to post things that are too "flamable"... so I slowly placed the Photodrama of Creation.

@A Bible Student: The guy kept posting on every place he could. He was as mad as a hornet...

Here's his post on his group:

After asking if the admin of the page pointed at by me was an ACTIVE WITNESS, he blocked me and deleted my comments although in repeated occasions I expressed to him not to be angry at my comments because I just wanted him to define his spiritual condition, brothers do not trust those who come with the appearance of brothers, watch who you hang out with and if you don't know someone see what he does and publishes in his facebook, it is not enough to have a "Christian" picture you must see his comments and viewpoint, avoid poisonous roots.

My post:

You were blocked for posting vitriolic comments (see the dictionary if you don't understand this word) without considering the matter. Put simply, you were blocked because you presumptuously attacked the page repeatedly without having any evidence of apostasy. All that we publish in the page was at one point published in Watchtower publications. No publication in the page comes from sources not from the Watchtower. Unfortunately for some people like you it will be hard to believe that our beliefs were so different before.

His reply:

It's not hard for me to believe friend, WHAT I HAVE A HARD TIME UNDERSTANDING IS WHAT PURPOSE, OBJECTIVE, OR END YOU PURSUE BY PUBLISHING A SLEW OF ARTICLES THAT IN THEIR MOMENT PLAYED THEIR PART, BUT NOW MAY SEEM AN ABERRATION BY BEING OUT OF HISTORICAL CONTEXT. I only asked you to DEFINE YOUR SPIRITUAL POSITION AND YOU BLOCKED AND PREVENTED MY FREEDOM OF EXPRESSION. ¿Is that Christian? Tell me where I sinned and I will believe you.

My reply:

You question that someone even mentions what we believed before? By doing so, you are effectively questioning the July 2013 Watchtower, and articles that invite us to read old literature. Lots of readers of the page enjoy watching the Photodrama of Creation in Spanish, despite it having many things in which we don't believe in. They appreciate it a lot, and thank that we translate it to Spanish.

His reply:

You still don't answer friend DO NOT EVADE THE QUESTION, ARE YOU AN ACTIVE JW? And what is the purpose of what you published?

My Reply:

Take care, bye.

Then he kept saying more things...

The page, after his comments, went down in likes to around 695.

Then, I posted the following (I know, I had to bend a little to not raise too much alarm, while planting seeds of doubt):

GENERAL ANNOUNCEMENT TO THOSE WHO VISIT US:

We are apalled and saddened that some people accuse the page of being apostate without considering that ALL that we publish is from Watchtower publications... If you claim that this page is apostate, careful! Are you saying that any publication that contradicts current belief is apostate?

Would that make the Insight book apostate, since it says that the Faithful and Discreet Slave is all anointed, and now we say that it's only the Governing Body

THAT'S ABSURD!

Then, why are you attacking the page, just because we simply point to the fact that we believed different things before? Sometimes we don't even mention them, for example, when we post the Photodrama of Creation. We COULD comment on every video on what the Photodrama said that we DON'T believe in anymore, but that we think is not necessary. It seems like the controversy occurse each time we "connect the dots".

The reality of the matter is that some of our previous beliefs did not affect the daily lives of our brothers and sisters. Maybe a little more persecution when we learnt about Jesus's manner of death (We believed that Jesus died in a Cross).

Other previous beliefs affected the lives of lots of people, for example the prohibition of organ transplants, which ocurred from 1967 to 1980. We prohibited organ transplants. It's a fact, it's undeniable by anyone. You can check it out in our own literature.

When we mentioned that we believed in the cross, there was little to no controversy. Why? Probably because it was mentioned in one of our more recent publications.

If we mention that we prohibited organ transplants: HUGE CONTROVERSY. Why the difference?

Brothers and sisters, we leave it up to your conscience if you want to continue reading this page. Here you will NEVER find something that wasn't published at one point on a Watchtower publication.

Some of the things you may read here will shock you, but they are all real. We don't publish anything that's fake.

Regarding copyright: Most of the books before 1943 are in the public domain. We don't plagiarize since we make sure we let you know which publication it is.

So... that was my post.... The page went to 705 likes and the post got 27 likes.

Here are some of the comments from the readers:

- For those who comment horrible things like that, I ask, WHY ARE YOU EVEN HERE? If you don't like this, simply leave and shut up. (7 likes to this comment)

- Personally I like this page and I recognize the amount of effort it takes to translate. I have been a Witness for very long time and don't see anything wrong with the page. I personally thank you brothers for taking the time to translate this information. (2 likes)

-Those who don't like the page may LEAVE and go to another page they like! I am personally delighted by this page, the day I see something against Jehovah or the FDS I will leave! Those who don't agree with the page... BYEEE (3 likes)

(Same person as above): Maybe some who are new might be stumbled by the info you post. You know, in the ministry the opposers talk about Christmas, Rutherford, Russell. Even though it is something that we have said before, maybe it would be best if you don't post old things and instead post new things? Anyways, like I said, those who don't agree with the page can LEAVE!

- I am grateful for your efforts to translate these jewels. I have been a Witness 43 years and have never seen this info before.

- An elder told me that JW pages on Facebook are wrong. We should go to the official website and just use the channel that Jehovah uses... because some people on the internet hide what they are. I am not saying you guys are apostates, just I am saying what I was told...

• ILoveTTATT
    ILoveTTATT

So I have a question for you guys: Should I tone it down, or should I post a pic of Hebrews 1:6 in the 1950 NWT vs 1984 NWT?

Should I post the Watchtowers and Awakes that talk about Vaccinations?

Anything else that you would suggest I post?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit