monthly report

by search4truth 14 Replies latest jw friends

• blondie
    blondie

Officially, the rank and file were not required to file a report monthly until 1920. They kept track of the pioneers but not them.

*** yb75 p. 124 Part 2—United States of America ***

In 1920 personal responsibility for preaching was more keenly felt as participants in the witness work turned in a weekly report of activity. Prior to 1918 only colporteurs made field service reports.

• Quarterback
    Quarterback

I remember in the early 60's publishing and putting in my FS report in a box. Then after it was posted on the publisher card, the Cong Servant (name back then) pinned everyones on the bulletin bd for everyone to see, and you were advised to go and retrieve it off that bd.

Fast fwd to the time I was a secretary. I got tired of asking this individual publisher for his report. Then the CO blasted me for not hounding him, and two other Elders paid him a Shepherding visit. He was so angry at me for spealing the beans on him that, he updated me with the last 6 months, and post dated 6 more reports for the next future months.

That guy never went out in service for years.

• NewYork44M
    NewYork44M

I just quit turning in a report. I remember that an elder asked me to go in service, I went but did not turn in my time. That really pissed him off.

• Quarterback
    Quarterback

NY44, there may have been a time when that would have bothered me, but, those days are over.

• Julia Orwell
    Julia Orwell

I always knew it was unbiblical, just like having to wear skirts at the meetings, but I was such a "humble" (read: brainwashed) sister I did it out of "obedience".

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit