monthly report

by search4truth 14 Replies latest jw friends

• search4truth
    search4truth

Has anyone refused hand in monthly report with explanation that this practice is not biblical and what were the consequences of that ?

• exwhyzee
    exwhyzee

Never tried that but I imagine they'd say that by not turning in your time you're not "being obedient to those who are taking the lead among you" as the Bible says to.

• insearchoftruth4
    insearchoftruth4

I used to text in my time for almost 2 years on time by the 4th of each month and almost never went to a meeting. My average was between 22 or 29 hours,

4 or 5 bible studies, 150 RVs, 0 books, 0 mags. One day one of the oversneers came by my house to do a sheperd thing but I was too busy to talk. He did

not want my FS report. Since then they don't even ask for my report, I was sooo . Since then I haven't seen any oversneers, I think they are mad at me,

P.S. None of my FS report was accurate except the books and mags. It was a cool way to fade

insot4

• prologos
    prologos

wt tells you what you can report for your kids, so for parents its easy.

David got Israel in trouble with his illigal counting, so why would it be different with

the illegalities of the Israel of God?

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

Refuse to turn in your time on the grounds of its being unscriptural, and Brother Hounder is likely to have something to say about it. Not being submissive to the Filthful and Disgraceful Slavebugger. "Even if you can prove one of our doctrines wrong using our own Bible, you are still required to abide by and teach the bad doctrine until they themselves adjust it." And one of their bad doctrines is the requirement to turn in those time slips--even if you can prove it wrong using their own Bibles, you still have to abide by the bad doctrine (by turning in your slip). And that allows for those believing what's in the LIE-ble as their standard--still no excuse.

Chances are good that, even if they don't get you on "apostasy" or "running ahead of the slave", they will find it "brazen conduct".

• zound
    zound

That's pretty funny in searchoftruth. Put down a huge amount of hours, bible studies, RVs.

• GoneAwol
    GoneAwol

This was the first thing my dad stopped doing. If he gets asked for his hours now, he tells them to put down what they want. Its a young elder that does the rounds, so he's probably scared to come back with nothing.

• tornapart
    tornapart

Even putting in one (ficticious) hour a month can keep you under the radar. Once you miss a month your name is written down with the irregular/inactive publishers on the monthly cong. report. (I know this happens in my cong anyway).

• L3G
    L3G

I knew one pioneer who used to go out socializing with non-Witnesses (sports events, eating out, etc.) and occasionally mention something about "the truth." Then he'd count the whole time he'd spent with the "worldlings" as field service time. Therefore it was easy for him to rack up his pioneer hours. Makes you wonder how many of those hours are real! It's like those field ministry experiences you hear about from the platform at assemblies. One pioneer told me he was ordered to just make them up so as to "encourage the brothers."

Can your imagine the first century Christians making out these reports and then sending them to Jerusalem or wherever? Ha! The apostles in Jerusalem are swamped with little pieces of papyrus... Then they make out long manuscripts with summaries of all the details and send them out to Corinth, Phillipi, Rome etc. Do you think there are Witnesses who suppose such things really happened?

• Athanasius
    Athanasius

That's interesting, L3G. Back in the 1960s when I pioneered, I had a non-JW friend that I studied with. We would go fishing and I'd mention a "theocratic thought" or two and count to whole 6 or 7 hours we spent fishing at time in FS. I knew several other pioneers who did the same thing. We also rounded up our hours. So if we spent 2 hours and ten minutes in FS, we'd turn in 3. My guess is that a large percentage of JWs do the same thing. That's why the Watchtower reports show millions of hours spent in FS, but only 200,000 baptized. No doubt 50% of the hours reported for FS are padded.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit