Stupid English People !

by Simon 31 Replies latest social humour

• cofty
    cofty

The Romans built a wall called Antonine's wall right across central Scotland. They got fed up being battered by hairy Scotsmen and retreated to Hadrian's wall.

• laverite
    laverite

My personal favourite: “It took us nine hours to fly home from Jamaica to England. It took the Americans only three hours to get home. This seems unfair.”

• Lozhasleft
    Lozhasleft

1. “They should not allow topless sunbathing on the beach. It was very distracting for my husband who just wanted to relax."

Ha ha ha ha. Yea right.

Loz x

• Sayswho
    Sayswho

Good to know :)

SW

• Mum
    Mum

The spoiled, easy-life people are the same everywhere, n'est-ce pas? Excuse my French!

• Simon
    Simon

The Romans built a wall called Antonine's wall right across central Scotland. They got fed up being battered by hairy Scotsmen and retreated to Hadrian's wall.

Notably, it was the only time and place in the entire history of the Roman empire where they drew a line and basically said "look, the best we can do is just build a big wall and try and keep those barbarians on that side of it".

Is that something to be proud of? Not sure ...

• cofty
    cofty

Nemo me impune lacessit

• tornapart
    tornapart

Heard two Scotsmen in the supermarket yesterday... I was trying to work out what language they were speaking... then it dawned on me...

• Simon
    Simon

They were probably both arguing that it was the other ones' turn to pay ...

Sorry, couldn't resist.

• tornapart
    tornapart

Haha! Nice one! I think you're close.... they were looking at some packs of reduced in price tomatoes...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit