Who remembers the time cards we filled out?

by Decided 18 Replies latest jw friends

• Bungi Bill
    Bungi Bill

During the days of the chart at the front of the Kingdom Hall, there were also strict monthly quotas each publisher had to meet if they were to remain classed as "regular".

Included in these monthly quotas were:

- 10 hrs

- 12 magazines

- 1 bible study

Look out if you failed to meet your quota - it was then " ten laps of the parade ground while holding your rifle above your head."

This went out about the same time as the elder arrangement came in

i.e. 1971 / 72

Bill.

• Frequent_Fader_Miles
    Frequent_Fader_Miles

Oh, I'm having flashbacks as well. The whole "turn in your field service report" thing each month.

I was in the "low-hour publisher" class... and they were imaginary hours too.

• snare&racket
    snare&racket

I always did a very rough guestimate..... The guilt for that went a long time ago lol

• Bruja-del-Sol
    Bruja-del-Sol

Oh yes, awful... our 'book study overseer' (do you call it that way in English??) had to give my ex and me a phonecall every month. We always 'forgot' to report, and we always said 'oh we'll call you back in five minutes', so we had a little time to think about what we could count as 'service' etc. Most of the time we made it up just to be 'regular'... I hated those phonecalls, 'cause they made me feel so guilty and watched!

• smiddy
    smiddy

I rember those days, why did I even think that this was normal christianity .And the board that was at the front of meetings showing how the congregation was progressing ? Supposedly to encourage you to do more in your ministry.? !

smiddy

• Decided
    Decided

There was also a little paper where you kept up with the houses you called on. If they were home, their attitude toward the call, if you were to call back etc. The street, house number, date of the call etc. There was also a territory map you used to show where you were to call on the homes. You got it at the hall. There were county maps for the country(out of city) and city maps. So many memories that I had left behind.

Ken P.

• tim hooper
    tim hooper

Some of the forms on show here:

http://watchthetower.net/tools1

• designs
    designs

I got counseled as a Pioneer for turning in several months with 100 hours, they thought I was faking it.... you can't win

• L3G
    L3G

Tim Hooper, That website is funny! I don't remember those field service report slips being "top secret" as the website labels them. They were avaialble to all.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit