Who remembers the time cards we filled out?

by Decided 18 Replies latest jw friends

• Decided
    Decided

I just thought about them a few minutes ago. You put how many hours you spent in service and the amount of mags. and books you placed(sold). There was a card in a file that was kept with all this information for each publisher in the congregation. I think it included the BC you made and the BS you had. This was back in the late 40's and 50's.

Do they still keep these records?

Ken P.

• paladin
    paladin

They still have those cards on file. I stopped preaching on April 1, 2013 and I think I am on the Elder hit list. If they try a shepherding call on me I will most definitely refuse and say have a nice day.

• truthhurts13
    truthhurts13

Yep! I also remember "rounding up" so to speak. I know you guys remember having 1/2 hour increments left over sometimes that you didn't know what to do with.....

• cofty
    cofty

I remember when total hours and placements etc were pasted to a board at the front of the kingdom hall.

I wonder what year that stopped.

• designs
    designs

Flashbacks

• Glander
    Glander

We reported our sevice to Jehovah God Almighty on a tiny slip of newsprint paper. Same size as the weekly public talk invitations.

It was transferred onto our publisher card to keep score of our dedication which was reviewed by the CO to determine who was spiritually weak and need sheparding.

This is typical of a high volume sales organization spreading crap publications which the sales agent and they don't really care if they use it to light there BBQs with. The record keeping is a way of impressing on the "publishers" where they stand with GOD. Don't want to end up as a potato chip when the end comes.

The dreaded "irregular publisher" label was like saying, you are not going to survice the divine execution. Even if you are disabled, have five children with an unbeliever mate, etc. NO EXTENTUATING CIRCUMSTANCES!

• nonjwspouse
    nonjwspouse

From what I recallrReading in regards to the institution of the time cards, was that it was a requirement for the WTBTS to revieve or maintian tax exhempt status . The time cards were the only "proof" the WTBTS had to provde they actually do a "service" of preaching work to the community, therefore protecting the status.

• Simon
    Simon

Were they called the S8's or was that the notes of which doors you'd knocked at in the middle of the day when everyone was out at work?

• St George of England
    St George of England

The collating of time records was carried out by the Assistant Congregation Servant.

Publishers would fill in their service slip each week and place them in the box. The ACS would then check if any publishers had not reported during the first week of the month and speak to them. This was repeated throughout the month.

At the end of the month the ACS would add up all the time slips for each publisher and enter the monthly total on that publishers Record Card. He would then total all the figures and enter these on the Congregation Chart which as cofty said was at the front of the KH. This was about 5ft x 4ft and the Society provided sheets of preprinted numbers in red and black to be cut out and pasted on the chart.

Eventually the chart was replaced with a form on the notice board. Publishers Record Cards are still in use and you can see yours at any time.

George

• designs
    designs

Glander- how can you call all of those 198 page books CRAP! think of all the pretty colors they came in

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit