An opportunity for AAWA leaders

by besty 19 Replies latest jw friends

• besty
    besty

It be nice to see you guys post on JWN now and again - keep this community up to speed with what you are doing maybe? All we have seen is the controversies - it would be great to know what else is going on.

As far as I know AAWA leadership are not banned from JWN.

Or should I not hold my breath?

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

Paul Grundy still posts, is he still with AWAA? Although he resolutely avoids any subject relating to AWAA on the board.

It would be good to see Lady Lee back.

• besty
    besty

ye I see Paul on here - not sure if he is still with AAWA

anyways - my offer is there...

• happy@last
    happy@last

I would agree, someone posted on here a great video they had done, I would never have known about it otherwise.

• besty
    besty

I would agree, someone posted on here a great video they had done, I would never have known about it otherwise.

turns out that may well have been posted by AAWA - just they are deep undercover whilst on JWN :-)

another chance for TTATT etc to say hi :-)

• Brother Mike
    Brother Mike

What's aawa?

• Simon
    Simon

As far as I know AAWA leadership are not banned from JWN.

No, they are not. However, I get annoyed when people play games and it turns out that all they while they are insulting and dismissive of this site they do actually post here to promote their own work and also criticise other posters who have questioned them ... but without being open and honest about who they really are.

That behavior will not be tollerated.

• braincleaned
    braincleaned

What's the deal here? How could there possibly be any contradiction between this site and AAWA. I support both — actively.
    What's is going on?

• braincleaned
    braincleaned

Everyone has their own opinions on everythng. I have read some pretty nasty posts here against the AAWA... mostly ignorant of the real goals and makings of it. I addressed it once — and figured it was misinformation. No biggie. I love this JWN site... as you know I have spilled my guts here... revealing my stories, fears, and opinions... I went naked.
    So I'm very thankful for this site.... VERY thankful.

AAWA has a slightly different agenda, totally neutral on belief or non-belief (I'm an atheist, ex-JW).
    It's a very serious attempt to help those lost in either post or pro-JW life. I support them 100%.

These two sites should have some unity, no? There should be no competition, right?
    There is nothing wrong with questioning the AAWA nor even this site... but let's be civil aand smart about it.

I'm not a leader at AAWA by the way, just an active supporter. But I will gladly defend their stance if needed.
    I'm here. Open. Honest about who I am...

• scotoma
    scotoma

There is nothing wrong with competition. The etymology of the word "rival" is people sharing the same river.

Rivals are not enemies. They compete but are all in the same league.

I think Cedars has gone his own way. He has his own excellent website.

Although I don't always agree with his approach he has really improved his game and I read his stuff regularly.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit