New Study Watchtower Celebrates 100 year Anniversary of the Kingdom

by Skinnedsheep 41 Replies latest jw friends

• fedup
    fedup

Evidently, there are 2 groups, Jesus said!!

W T F!!!!

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

..................100 years of WBT$ BullShit!!..

................................................................................. photo mutley-ani1.gif ...OUTLAW

• Listener
    Listener

I noticed that too SkinnedSheep -

By enthroning his Son as the Messianic King, Jehovah had, indeed, become King in a new sense!

I can only think that they are up to their normal tricks by just throwing in a statement that will totally confuse the sheepies, that way you distract them from thinking deeply about the rest of message. Also, if you don't really believe that Jesus became King in 1914 then you could just consider that in some sense he did.

Or someone is trying to introduce the idea of the trinity.

• smiddy
    smiddy

I sit here shaking my head in disbeleif,

disbeleif that I remained a beleiver for 33 years,

have they got more crazy since I was in ?

now that I`m out , I sigh with releif.

smiddy

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

Their timeline says, 'In 1919, Jesus appoints "the faithful and discreet slave"', but the text mentions nothing about that "event" or even the existance of a "Governing Body" until 1976.

They have "organization" and "education" on their timeline, but why isn't there a "prophecy" category? Perhaps it's because all their prophecies to date have been wrong? They quote from Daniel in paragraph 3, but why haven't they said anything for years about the King of the North and the King of the South prophecy? Have they cast aside all the important events that the King of the North needs to accomplish before the end? (And don't tell me that the USSR accomplished them all.) And what about the cry of "Peace and Security"? Why haven't they said anything about that in ages? (Don't tell me that already happened during the Reagan era. That would be soooo 1980s, like the USSR.) And in the last 100 years, Jesus hasn't accomplished much as far as getting rid of "false religion." Religious traditions have weakened in many respects, but Christmas is bigger than it was 100 years ago.

The farticle before that also caught my eye with the subheading "Rebellious Sons Reject God's Kingship." I thought it would be blasting the inactive like me. But I had to laugh since the next page or so was all about Noah. In conversation with my family years ago, they had to admit that the flood account couldn't really have been literal as written. If they're going to write stuff like that, Watchtower may as well be quoting from the Harry Potter novels as though they are truth.

• villagegirl
    villagegirl

This is probably the most positive time in history to live.

Things are better and better. The Internet is a big part of this.

Gloom and Doom is going to be a hard sell. Still how can old

school witnesses from the 70's still be hanging on ? And how can

anyone with access to the Internet be taken in ? Its mindboggling.

And how do they keep 18 year olds from going to college ?

• yadda yadda 2
    yadda yadda 2

Wow, LOL. The credulousness of 8 million dubbies to keep swallowing this pure faecal matter is just staggering. I mean honestly, this is just too embarrassing for JW's really. They will be grateful it's just a study article because the public would laugh them off the doorsteps.

For heaven's sake, what planet do people live on to actually still believe after 100 years that Jesus began ruling in 1914? Do JW's even have the slightest suspicion that they are being taken completely for mugs on this?

The late great Carl Sagan sums it up, nuff said:

• SAHS
    SAHS

“villagegirl”: Still how can old school witnesses from the 70's still be hanging on? And how can anyone with access to the Internet be taken in? Its mindboggling.”

Actually, the whole phenomenon of the rise and continued morphing of the Jehovah’s Witness movement really, in effect, serves as a gargantuan and elaborate modern-day psychology experiment. No university or government research group could possibly execute such a large-scale psychology experiment relating to just how – and how much – people could be persuaded to follow a cultic and idiosyncratic religion like the Watchtower without question.

Much like other major “cultural” events during the last 100 years, such as the Nazi empire of World War II, the rise (and fall) of Communistic governments, the predominance of various little cultic groups (Moonies, Mormons, Hare Krishna, David Koresh, Heaven’s Gate, etc.), and the significant numbers of people still smoking cigarettes despite all the contraindicative evidence – all these real-life examples can be used as massive psychology experiments which have basically fallen into the lap of pure anthropological scientific study, as these phenomena have already occurred naturally among human society.

It’s almost like those humorous practical gags you see on TV shows like “Candid Camera,” “Bloopers Practical Jokes,” “Just For Laughs Gags,” “The Jamie Kennedy Experiment,” etc. where ordinary people on the street become unwitting participants in humorously intriguing parodies to see their genuine natural reactions.

So, basically, the JWs are just another practical sociological experiment. . . . Or at least just another practical gag – only we’re the ones getting the laugh.

• yadda yadda 2
    yadda yadda 2

Only thing is, it's not just a gag or laughing matter when untold death and suffering results from the fanatical utopian social experiments of maniacal madmen, political and religious.

• NewYork44M
    NewYork44M

happy birthday.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit