"Building 1.5 Million Square Feet in 4 Years will NOT Happen Without Jehovah's Spirit"

by Yan Bibiyan 38 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• emeth
    emeth

In the video and in the written introduction of the video on the website www.jw.org the voluteers are emphasised.

This is what is written as introduction

A new world headquarters of Jehovah’s Witnesses is under construction in Warwick, New York. An aggressive construction schedule is being supported largely by volunteer workers from all over the United States. They do this willingly, industriously, without pay, and they view their contribution as a gift to God. Watch this unique crew accomplish great things!

That is the thing that only can be done with Jehovah's spirit, according to the Jehovah's Witnesses.

• cofty
    cofty

emeth - that's a very ill-informed comment.

There is a TV series over here in the UK where hundreds of tradesmen give up time and materials to renovate and extend houses for people in need. Nobody gets any publicity out of it. The quality of the work and efficiency is astonishing.

• emeth
    emeth

I know that tv show... but i think that is comparing apples with peaches. That said,.. i do not care if someone agrees or not agree on Jehovah's spirit being involved... i just point out why Jehovah's Witnesses think it is involved.

• cofty
    cofty

I used to think that building projects were evidence of something. In retrospect they were only evidence of how manipulative the Watchtower is.

• designs
    designs

If you build it they will come

• Oubliette
    Oubliette
    Jehovah’s spirit responsible for everything

"The Empire State Building has a total floor area of 2.7 million square feet and took less than a year and a half to build. The Pentagon is 6.5 million square feet and was completed in 16 months. Were these building projects also aided by Jehovah’s spirit?" - jwsurvey.org

• Yan Bibiyan
    Yan Bibiyan

You can all come up with examples of certain buildings counting many square metres and short period of time... but none of these buildings were made by hundreds ,if not thousands, of volunteers.

When hundreds or thousands of people volunteer to, say, build a dike to protect their homes from raging floodwaters, is this an evidence of Jehovah's spirit? Or Allah's? Or the FSM spirit?

Or, maybe, was if Jehovah that sent the floodwaters in a first place (as in act of God)?

Can you even begin to see how warped such assertions are?

• emeth
    emeth

building a dike to protect your own home when facing a calamity ... a dike that only takes up a few days or at most a few weeks of their time is also a case of comparing apples with peaches. Try to get them working for years when there is no benefit in it for themselves,.. no calamity that forces them. It wont work,... but the spirit of Jehovah does just that, and he does it all around the world.

• baltar447
    baltar447

Wow what's with the unusual amount of JW trolls lately?

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

Try telling that to Walmart. Once they have the permits, they can build a superstore in less than 6 months. Granted, it is only 1/5 the area. However, it is less than 1/5 the time. I have also seen shopping malls going from ground breaking to complete, with more than this area, in less than 4 years. In fact, it usually takes about one year from initial ground breaking to ready to lease. Usually it takes longer for the stores to lease the property and move in than it does for the actual construction, because the stores have to configure their areas to their own needs--still, they open in less than 4 years after ground breaking.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit