Well an Elder told me why all the new revised NWT bibles are grey/gray in color

by StoneWall 30 Replies latest jw friends

• bigmac
    bigmac

i think producing a grey bible is a brilliant idea--well done WTBTS

its---just the UNDERCOAT---the bros can paint it any colour they like--even a rainbow pattern---or--how about camouflage--?

come on you photoshop nerds--publish a few ideas!!

• MinisterAmos
    MinisterAmos

Sounds better than the cheapest to print

• Yan Bibiyan
    Yan Bibiyan

sir82 says:

Then again, maybe that's the idea - with easily stained covers, they'll have to be replaced every few years - more donations.

Bright white comes to mind as more practical in this case...Maybe the next revision

• Separation of Powers
    Separation of Powers

I just love those JW urban legends!!!

• LostGeneration
    LostGeneration

They can brag all they want about being swordsmen with their shiny new bibles, but the direction from HQ doesn't match the story.

Dumbed down 16 page Watchtowers and Awakes, pedestrian presentations in the KM, endless "tract" campaigns where JWs don't even knock on the door, 30 hour pioneer status several times a year. These days the average JW would be torn limb from limb if they came up against someone who knew their bible.

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

I have not read the thread, so may be treading on toes here. But this argument about the Bible being the "Sword of the Spirit" is faulty from the off.

Ephesisans Chapter 6, where the writer (almost certainly not Paul, but what the hey), uses the metaphor about the Soldier, with his shield, breastplate, and sword etc is obviously not talking about the "Bible".

There was no Canon that included any N.T books at the time of writing, though no doubt the actual writings of Paul were respected. As were probably those writings from the school of Paul, like Collosians etc. But at the time of writing, probably around 80AD, the main concern was not to emphasise "Scripture", which the readers would have taken to mean the Jewish Canon, but to emphasise the oneness in Christ that meant that those very Scriptures were really rather redundant.

What was important was the "word" that the Spirit had revealed to Paul, that Salvation came only through Christ, and that is the "word" that "Paul"asks his readers to pray he has the strength to speak about.(vs 20). Strength that was needed as the Cult of the Emperor held sway.

The vision that the WT puts forward of Christians going about their preaching clutching scrolls of the O.T is just a fiction.

The Jewish Christians by this time were in the minority, and "Paul" is reassuring them that as long as they unite with their Gentile brothers, and preach simply "Christ Resurrected", that is the only "word" they need.

The new Revised NWTravesty is grey, not silver anyway, so is rather like a dull, blunt sword in colour, and in content, and will never be used to preach the "word" that Paul preached, i.e the "Word" (Logos) or Christ.

The RNWT will simply be used to try to get more people to follow, and worship, the Governing Body.

• fulltimestudent
    fulltimestudent

Its colored grey, because the holy spirit whispered into the ears of the GB, that Yahweh wanted it to be grey. So its grey, guys and you'd better accept it or face the axe.

PS, I keep wondering why the color is so important to JWs?

My conclusion is that if you referrred to any bible by edition over half of any congregation would not know what the hell you were talking about.

come on you photoshop nerds--publish a few ideas!!

bigmac

yeah, lollypop pink with a barbie doll on the cover

• adamah
    adamah

"Silver sword"?

Let's hope they don't decide to fall on their own swords, like King Saul and his armor-bearer:

NEW WORLD TRANSLATION OF THE HOLY SCRIPTURES (1984 EDITION)

1 Samuel 31:1-13

31 Now the Phi·lis′tines were fighting against Israel,+ and the men of Israel took to flight from before the Phi·lis′tines, and they kept falling down slain+ in Mount Gil·bo′a.+ 2 And the Phi·lis′tines kept in close range of Saul and his sons; and the Phi·lis′tines at last struck down Jon′a·than+ and A·bin′a·dab+ and Mal′chi-shu′a,+ Saul’s sons. 3 And the fighting became heavy against Saul, and the shooters, the bowmen, finally found him, and he got severely wounded by the shooters.*+ 4 Then Saul said to his armor-bearer: “Draw your sword+ and run me through with it, that these uncircumcised+ men may not come and certainly run me through and deal abusively with me.” And his armor-bearer was unwilling,+ because he was very much afraid. So Saul took the sword and fell upon it.+ 5 When his armor-bearer saw that Saul had died,+ then he too fell upon his own sword and died with him.

Adam

• SAHS
    SAHS

“fulltimestudent”: “Lollypop pink with a barbie doll on the cover.”

LOL! They could call that the “Leo Greenlees Edition.”

• JeffT
    JeffT

Since about 1900 warships have been painted grey because it makes them harder to see. A number of armies use grey uniforms for the same reason.

Maybe the WTBS will hope nobody sees it.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit