Well an Elder told me why all the new revised NWT bibles are grey/gray in color

by StoneWall 30 Replies latest jw friends

• StoneWall
    StoneWall

While in discussion with an Elder from my old congregation, he asked if I had been given an opportunity to see the new bibles yet.
    I told him yes that a family member had showed me one a few days back and some of the improvements (changes) that were in it.

As our conversation went along he asked me what I thought of the color. I said well its certainly different from the black cover I was so used to or even going back further a few decades the green covered bibles when I was a child. (we both got a chuckle out of that)

Then he proceeded to tell me why the greyish-silver color was chosen for the new revised bibles.
    He said since the bible represents the sword of the spirit, this color was picked so that witnesses would call to mind that "we"(they) are engaged in spiritual war-fare and when glancing at their bibles this color would help them to focus on the task at hand.
    Just like a swordsman from ages gone by, they would want to keep their swords(bibles) clean as well as sharp and be very adept at using it.

Thought I'd share this here and see if anyone else has heard anything similar regarding the color.
    Also does this mean that will be the only color they will print it in or is this just for the "lucky" ones that got theirs on its initial release?

He said he'd bring me a copy (I guess this is their way of sneaking in a Elder visit) so I'm kinda looking forward to checking out the changes.

Shalom,

StoneWall

• anonymouz
    anonymouz

Maybe it is 33% grey as a subtle reminder of Revelation 8 "1/3" corruption of the JW "earth" organization? Maybe scarlet red Bibles will be next in honor of the UN NGO "scarlet wildbeast" JW co-promotions of the 1990 UN placement...

We never know what the evil slave will come up with next presented as "food" or "light", go figure.

• caliber
    caliber

this idea then ....See full size image

a flashy silver-gray sword

"take the helmet of salvation, and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God" ~ Ephesians 6:17

• Xanthippe
    Xanthippe

Slightly off-topic but it may have been in Crisis of Conscience that Ray wrote a witness said to him if the GB help up this green Bible and said it was red I would agree it was red.

Perhaps they have made neutral coloured Bibles so any GB member can hold it up and say what colour it really is!

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

Gray is associated with negative energy, and many people find it the most dreary color around. Anyone else notice how much more dreary things seem to be when the sky is gray? Or, when you are in gray surroundings with little or no color? The new LIE-ble is gray because any other color might break up the dreary atmosphere.

Maybe that's why they want everyone wearing drab gray suits, carrying dark gray equipment, and they look down on anyone that has a nice colorful item on their possession. And now, if their littera-trash is gray, all the more they can take the joy--what little remains--out of it.

• rip van winkle
    rip van winkle

Gray is symbolic of the elephant in the room:

Wikipedia

"Elephant in the room" is an English metaphorical idiom for an obvious truth that is either being ignored or going unaddressed. The idiomatic expression also applies to an obvious problem or risk no one wants to discuss. [ 2 ]

It is based on the idea that an elephant in a room would be impossible to overlook; thus, people in the room who pretend the elephant is not there have chosen to avoid dealing with the looming big issue.

• steve2
    steve2

Oh these elders who claim to know the inside story on why things are the way they are in the organization show how they love to talk through holes in their ar*es. So he speculates and its worth repeating? To attribute such a spiritually noble state to the choice of dreary grey is to attribute to the GB styles of thinking that are utterly un-GB like. I prefer to think of far more prosaic explanations for color choice: A paint manufacturer had a huge container of dull grey paint ready for a client who had to cancel the order at the last minute for a printing job. The manufacturer knew the organization was planning on a huge printing job and offered the paint to the organization at a bargain basement price. Now that's a more likely explanation. Because sadly I'm not an elder, my speculative explanation ain't worth repeating.

• Amelia Ashton
    Amelia Ashton

Perhaps they will be introducing more "grey areas" in their doctrines

• yadda yadda 2
    yadda yadda 2

Wow, it's great to see the elders focusing on the really important things in life.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Pets are Discouraged in Watchtower World..

.............................So..

.............JW`s Name Their Bibles..

.................Here Silver Sword!..

....................Come on Boy!!..

............................................................  photo mutley-ani1.gif...OUTLAW

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit