Conjuring Uo Our Own Gods

by startingover 38 Replies latest jw friends

• Twitch
    Twitch

Not all who claim to BE christian ARE christian.

Interesting. Wouldn't have thought that it was up to you to make such a judgement, but it seems to go with the territory what with you having the "truth" and those other christians being misled and false. Thank you for proving my point so succinctly

Has nothing to do with confirmation bias. (this thread is confirmation bias for some who want to believe that hearing Christ is a result of something else) It just happened.

In other words, if someone agrees with you, it's the truth. If not, it's confirmation bias attributed to something not truth. Again, interesting.

As for those who disagree... see above.

Exactly

Our personal beliefs and interpretations do not matter. What CHRIST teaches is the Truth... not what we personally intepret.

Which begs the question, are christians who disagree with your direct revelation beliefs wrong or any less "christian"?

It would seem you prove the point of the OP more than you realize or care to admit and it's rather obvious

• tec
    tec

Interesting. Wouldn't have thought that it was up to you to make such a judgement, but it seems to go with the territory what with you having the "truth" and those other "christians" being misled and false. Thank you for proving my point so succinctly

I didn't make a judgment. I simply stated the truth. Not all who claim to be christian ARE christian.

In other words, if someone agrees with you, it's the truth. If not, it's confirmation bias attributed to something not truth. Again, interesting.

These are YOUR other words, not mine.

Which begs the initial question vis a vis, are christians who disagree with your direct revelation beliefs wrong or any less "christian"?

That was NOT the initial question. Go back and read for yourself.

As to this NEW question, being a Christian is being annointed/baptized with holy spirit from Christ. So that one is ONE with Christ. Then they can listen to Him. When someone teaches something that is against Him, I don't know how they can be one with Him, listening to Him or his voice (my sheep hear my voices).

Regardless, one can test the message or teaching that any professed christian is sharing. One can hold it up to the Light that is Christ... to know if it is from Him, or not. If it is not against Him, sometimes it is just a matter of he who is not against you, is for you.

Peace,

tammy

• designs
    designs

I remember on the evangelical-jw website run by Bowman and Hofstetter they would ridicule other 'christians' for not being christian enough if they didn't abide by certain evangelical beliefs. They didn't even like SDA and the Salvation Army folk.

I always try to slightly burn my tortillas and see whose face appears. Divine guideance for the day.

• Twitch
    Twitch

I didn't make a judgment. I simply stated the truth. Not all who claim to be christian ARE christian.

So you know who is and who isn't a true christian? Is this not a judgement made by you?

These are YOUR other words, not mine.

Your point was that because someone agreed with you, this further proved it's "truth". These are your words. By definition this is confirmation bias.

That was NOT the initial question. Go back and read for yourself.

My initial question: What of the christians who disagree with what you hear or have different beliefs/interpretations?

Your response: Our personal beliefs and interpretations do not matter. What CHRIST teaches is the Truth... not what we personally intepret

My follow up: Which begs the initial question vis a vis, are christians who disagree with your direct revelation beliefs wrong or any less "christian"?

To which the response was: That was NOT the initial question. Go back and read for yourself.

So....

My reasoning is sound. Though the follow up to the initial question is not verbatim, the argument is consistent

You claim you have truth that transcends personal belief or interpretation. Those "christians" who do not "hear" as you do are false.

Thank you for answering my question as to why there are so many sects of christianity; all claim to have the truth and none admit to it being interpretation.

And I would add that the idea in general lends credence to the OP with regard to creating one's spiritual "muse"

• adamah
    adamah

TEC said-

My Lord speaks the same message to all of His Body... teaching and speaking to them the same things. Even though they have never met in person. Even though they do not even live in the same countries. Even though they might not have lived in the same time, for that matter. Yet we hear the SAME things from Him.

You're not talking about that on-line forum where Cofty caught you repeating certain words posted by a certain Spiritual Advisor earlier? You're not claiming THAT kind of thing as your evidence, are you?

If so, that smacks of confirmation bias, finding relevance when you're looking for it.

TEC said-

Wouldn't that possibly be a "No true Scotsman" fallacy?

Adam

• tec
    tec

So you know who is and who isn't a true christian? Is this not a judgement made by you?

Making a statement that not everyone who claims to be a christian IS a christian... is not me judging who is and who is not one. It simply is, Twitch. Anyone can make a claim. That does not make it true. You think WBB are true christians just because they claim to them?

You asked why there are different messages. The above is one of the reasons why. They are NOT all listening to Christ.

Your point was that because someone agreed with you, this further proved it's "truth". These are your words. By definition this is confirmation bias.

No... that was not at all my point and those are NOT my words. You have spun my words into something that YOU saw, but not what I said. These were my words:

"One time that does come to mind is having heard something from my Lord... something new... and a sister in Christ phoned me at some point that day to tell me what she had received from Him, and it was the same as He had told me. "

She received the same thing from Him... that I also received from Him. Separately. Something an invented tulpa woudl not be able to do. That was my point.

My initial question: What of the christians who disagree with what you hear or have different beliefs/interpretations?

Your response: Our personal beliefs and interpretations do not matter. What CHRIST teaches is the Truth... not what we personally intepret

My follow up: Which begs the initial question vis a vis, are christians who disagree with your direct revelation beliefs wrong or any less "christian"?

To which the response was: That was NOT the initial question. Go back and read for yourself.

So....

Your initial question was actually this:

If all christians hear the same things, then why are there so many sects of christianity?

That is what I responded to. I assumed that is what you meant about the initial question. I answered the second one above though too.

My reasoning is sound and consistent. Though the initial question is not verbatim, the argument is.

Your reasoning seems to be based on something that I never said.

Because I sure never said that if someone agrees with me, then they are a true christian.

I have always said to go to and ask HIM, Christ, for Truth.

I am not perfect. Maybe I might hear or understand something wrong. And you don't know me from anyone else making a claim. So test what I share against HIm... his words; his teachings, Him personally if you have the faith to do so, and also against love. Nothing He shares will be against these things.

(Against people's interpretations of them, sure. But not against Him.)

You claim what you have truth that transcends personal belief or interpretation.

Truth DOES transcend personal belief and interpretation. Just like FACTS (real facts... not current facts that might change later) transcend personal beliefs or interpretation.

I don't HAVE the truth though. No one HAS the truth, like a possession... but one can listen TO the Truth, and one can belong to Him.

Thank you for answering my question as to why there are so many sects of christianity; all claim to have the truth and none admit to it being interpretation.

There aren't that many that claim to hear from Christ either. Either way... that there are false christians following false christs and false prophets out there means what?

YOU listen to CHRIST. (if you want to know Him and what He teaches, and if you want to know His Father)

Peace,

tammy

• tec
    tec

You're not talking about that on-line forum where Cofty caught you repeating certain words posted by a certain Spiritual Advisor earlier? You're not claiming THAT kind of thing as your evidence, are you?

I co-own that online forum, and the words that were repeated are the words that Christ spoke... which another on that forum repeated from Him.

But no, I am not speaking of that. Not even close.

Wouldn't that possibly be a "No true Scotsman" fallacy?

No. It would not be. You would have to tell me how it would be, perhaps?

Peace,

tammy

• startingover
    startingover

Tec,

Have you ever admitted on this forum that you were wrong about something? I may be wrong, but it seems to me you always justify your statements somehow.

• tec
    tec

I have.

I try not to speak as an absolute if I don't know that something is true, though, at least not about my Lord unless He has told me. Of course my own personal opinions throughout my life have been wrong on numerous occassions. Christ has even shown me the error of them.

Peace,

tammy

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit