Latest WT lesson typical example of why meetings are such downers

by JimmyPage 8 Replies latest jw friends

• JimmyPage
    JimmyPage

Here's what I gathered from the most recent WT study: 1. All your problems are your own fault, or 2. the ones that aren't your fault are Satan's fault. 3. Don't blame Jehovah for anything, and 4. more importantly, never criticize the ones who claim to represent Jehovah.

This is a typical meeting nowadays. There are all kinds of possibilities to emphasize positive qualities and experiences. Love, joy, and peace could all be promoted. But no, the WT is always a Debbie Downer and it looks like it will be this way for the foreseeable future.

• eyeuse2badub
    eyeuse2badub

That's y i don't go!

• Faithful Witness
    Faithful Witness

Sounds so depressing to me. I went to visit twice in September, to see how the reaction was to the July Watchtower. The mood was so somber and oppressive, I could not wait to get out of there. The meetings were never really that enjoyable for us, but I could feel the heavy presence of evil in the room now. Unlike years past, NO ONE greeted us or spoke to us. We were dressed for the part, and we (at that time) were even carrying the JW bible and song book. Combine this with the fact that every time they use the word "Jehovah," they are actually referring to themselves, makes this one of the most disturbing organizations that exists in the developed world. It disguises itself as a religion. What could be more nefarious? I look forward to the day that my family wakes us and leaves this satanic cult.

• Bruja-del-Sol
    Bruja-del-Sol

Haven't been to a meeting in 10 years, and I don't think I've missed out on anything. What a crap they're preaching...

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

Blaming yourself and/or Satan for problems in your life? No wonder people don't want to be there.

And, whose fault is it when people are not prepared for stupid things? The week before this washtowel, there was another one hounding the witlesses to give everything that was "surplus" to the Worldwide Pedophile Defense Fund. Joke-hova "owns everything", and that thing is now calling it all back. Then, you are supposed to cut back on your work so you don't gain back the surplus. Never mind a major event. All it takes is a small windstorm that takes a single tree limb down, and you get a blackout. How many witlesses are actually ready for an event like this? I would be willing to bet not very. Most of them probably don't know what a candle is, except that they are sometimes used in Satanic rituals. Flashlights? Most of them have flashlights with dead batteries in them or don't know where they are, and they are of such dismal quality that they are worthless in a storm blackout of a few hours' duration.

Now, whose fault is it when, every time you save toward a better system (a decent lantern with rechargeable batteries, ample supplies of such batteries, and ample chargers), they run into that smut they had the other week? Those things cost money, and the more money you spend on quality, the better off you are going to be if the lights do go out for whatever reason. But, if joke-hova is grabbing that money, you cannot buy supplies. This goes for any supplies that could make common nuisance situations manageable. So, because of joke-hova and its organization, you don't have the money or the hope of saving toward such items. Then, what would have been a minor nuisance becomes a major disaster. Your fault? Satan's?

Also, whose fault is it when you are out in field circus all the time and miss out on all the good? Stress builds up, and there is stress from not being able to do what human nature is. This is joke-hova being unreasonable, not Satan. And is it your own fault if, because of the washtowel pressure, you go to a house where the witlesses have been warned repeatedly not to return to, and you get pepper sprayed or attacked by a dog? Or, due to poorly maintained stairs, you fall down the stairs? I have been inside hallways with stairs, no daylight, and just one light bulb lighting the stairwell. What if that bulb blows or the power goes out? While you are on the stairs? Whose fault is it that you are there in the first place? Joke-hova wants you to suffer for its own glory. And, suppose you had the funds to buy your Fenix LD22 flashlight with rechargeable battery system, and this smut in the recent washtowel makes you throw away the funds and sacrifice your means to rebuild them several months earlier? That is not Satan's fault, nor is it your own. You would have been hounded if you didn't throw away the funds, and you would have been threatened with damnation for being unfaithful. Possibly even "brazen conduct" if you disregarded the hounding and the rag article and bought the light anyways.

Not to mention, had you not been out in field circus that day, you wouldn't have been in that unlit hallway in the first place.

• Separation of Powers
    Separation of Powers

I have stated this before...when you concentrate on all your woes and the woes of others, the PROMISE of paradise is SOOO much more enticing. It doesn't matter that your family is healthy, that you have a good career, that you cultivate meaningful friendships, that you expand your view of your fellowman, all that matters is HOW CRAPPY LIFE IS AT THIS MOMENT! And "Oh, we need the new system SOOO bad." It is a copout of the worst order. It allows people to live fruitless lives and blame their difficulties and everything, particularly Satan, and not take responsibility for the only life that God has given them.

It gets so bad sometimes that you are made to feel bad because life can be so good!

SOP

• keyser soze
    keyser soze

1. All your problems are your own fault

Yes, it's a JW's own fault if he/she lacks the social skills and resources necessary to deal with real-world problems. It's not like they're discouraged from obtaining these things at every turn.

• minimus
    minimus

Jimmy, nothing ever changes with their blame game.

• Simon
    Simon

So what if we claim to represent Jehovah? Are the GB then allowed to criticise us?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit