Why doesn't the GB come out with specific rules on counting time

by trujw 35 Replies latest jw experiences

• Momma-Tossed-Me
    Momma-Tossed-Me

A pioneer couple dropped by a KM to my active JW wife the other day and I thought well that used up about 15 mins of time, WITH AN ACTIVE JW HOUSEHOLDER! SMH

• blondie
    blondie

The tightening

up of preaching responsibility began

in 1920 when everyone in the congregation

who participated in the witness work was

required to turn in a weekly report . Before

1918 only colporteurs or pioneers had

reported their service activity . Definite

territory assignments were being made to

the congregations for their own field work.

For the first year of reporting, 1920, there

were 8,052 "class workers" and 350 pioneers.

x Of the more than 1,200 American

congregations, 980 were reported by 1922

as being fully reorganized to engage in

the field service with 8,801 "class workers,"

Divine Purpose book p. 96

Post 1127 of 1801
    Joined 10/28/2005

It's also online at this site:

http://www.strictlygenteel.co.uk/divinepurpose/1959_Jehovah's_Witnesses_in_the_Divine_Purpose.pdf

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

The whole scheme of requiring time is behind all this. Never mind that it does no good to waste a certain amount of time, be it the Dirty Thirty or 200 hours a month, if you accomplish nothing. Nor does strict enforcement of how to count the time work if people are going to find ways around it. Simply dropping the time altogether and focusing on accomplishment would end that--cheat on that, you get zero accomplishment, whether you did 30 seconds or 500 hours. Likewise, someone could accomplish much in 15 minutes that could have an effect for years after.

And what are they trying to accomplish? If the message itself is crap, it does no good to spread it. Going around spreading damnation and stagnation from door to door is negative value, so they are actually accomplishing worse than nothing. And the ones actually getting the studies, getting them to boasting sessions, and hounding them to baptism are actually doing more negative work than the ones that fake-knock on the first door, spend 2 hours at Starbucks, fake knock on another door, and call it 2 1/2 hours. And, if those going in are to give up their material possessions to the washtowel according to the 10/6/2013 study, there will be that many more people up sxxx creek without a paddle, in a barbed wire canoe, instead of getting ready for real events.

Better to pay attention to what's actually going on, the default threat, what that is going to do (or could do) to the banks and/or your dollars, the EPA, power grid instabilities, Monsanto, the sick care scam being forced on the United Tyranny of Stupidity, and so on. Pay attention to progress on that, and prepare for that. Instead, the jokehovians are preparing for something that isn't going to happen--now, or ever. It will not happen in a modified version (such as rolling blackouts in limited areas, regular stagflation instead of total hyperinflation, and so on). And, preparing for joke-hova's armageddon is going to prepare you for nothing--at least, preparing for rolling blackouts or hyperinflation could yield you some benefits the next time a wind storm (like Sandy) comes along, or preserving your wealth from even regular inflation. Which is more than can be said for preparing for Armageddon.

• jgnat
    jgnat

They've been too busy clarifying the head covering rule.

• blondie
    blondie

Rules for headcoverings for sisters:

1) must be 18x18 inches

2) cannot have any sports logos/company logos/or religious symbols

3) cannot be a bright color, black, gray, white are best

4) no patterns but lace would be nice

5) cannot be made out of man-made materials, only cotton, linen, wool, silk.

6) cannot be carried loose in your purse, must be in a container to keep clean

7) must be washed after every use

8) if you are not sure when to wear it, wear it all the time

• XBEHERE
    XBEHERE

In real practice nowdays, for appointed brothers anyway, more emphasis is placed on your "visibility" as opposed to the actual amount of time you are spending. Provided of course that you are getting at least the average of the congregation which varies 6-10+ hrs. As far as how you count your time nobody really give's a shit anymore in all honesty. I barely go out a few hrs a month but I do show up and take my group out and "show my face" and the other elders think I am so regular.. lol so stupid.

• Splash
    Splash

I don't think the GB are into making unnecessary rules.

Splash.

• willmarite
    willmarite

Whenever I aux. pioneered I was as inefficient as possible. I'd take one RV on one side of territory then go do some chronic not-at-homes on the other side of the territory then go take a break. Hopefully there'd be an unbaptized pub. in the car who I could talk with for a little bit to keep the time going during break.

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

Like the Pharisees of old, they are all about appearances. I blame the "leaders" of the organization.

• trujw
    trujw

"Be careful not to practice your righteousness in front of others to be seen by them. If you do, you will have no reward from your Father in heaven. Matt 6:1 I quoted this to an elder as to why I didn't report my time. It was the greatest silence I ever heard.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit