Why doesn't the GB come out with specific rules on counting time

by trujw 35 Replies latest jw experiences

• trujw
    trujw

I think we all know the reason millions of less hours. when I was in we went to a RV by the Kingdom Hall then drove 30 minutes out to the country to knock on a door then back to the city for one more door. god must be so proud!!

• Julia Orwell
    Julia Orwell

You're supposed to count first door to last door technically, though people themselves interpret that very loosely. I think you may be able to count one way to rural territory. The rules are pretty clear but not enforced a great deal.

• prologos
    prologos

territories close to the hall are coveted.

we knew publishers who carry stop watches. but:

to be fair, service time is time in service. if you live in Wyoming, enjoy the drive, the scenery

as you serve.

serves you right.

• trujw
    trujw

Time was one of the things that caused me to awaken. I was out with pioneers and the whole purpose was how many hours were needed. We would as mentioned drive 30 minutes so the pioneer could get more time. Julia do you have the article on time keeping. I am sure Jehovah blessed the writing.

• prologos
    prologos

once you focus on time you have negated Jesus command to be a disciple,

once you do it organisation - wide,

you have lost the moral authority to call yourself god's people.

serving a scheme by schemers.

time to quit.

• trujw
    trujw

For some reason I don't ever remember being told how I could count time. I Rember some counted from when they left their house until they returned. I loved the bus stop dump.

• Julia Orwell
    Julia Orwell

The rules were in the organised book, the one that came out 2005. I've purged it so can't tell u exactly where in it you will find the rules.

• factfinder
    factfinder

See the od book pages 85-87.

It mentions time should not be counted for getting ready for fs, attending the meeting for field service and traveling to and from the territory. Time used for refreshments or meals during a period of fs is not to be counted.

• JeffT
    JeffT

What do they use as a scriptural basis for this? When I was in I just did it because everybody else did. Later I thought the whole idea was stupid. If somebody told me where the Bible said to count time, I've forgotten about it.

• Sparlock the Wizard
    Sparlock the Wizard

I've often asked this myself, without ever getting a straight answer. The elders give you different answers than the pioneer do, which in turn give you different answers than the regular publishers do. Perhaps it is discussed more in detail during the pioneering school?? Not that I'd know

I'm a bit surprised it isn't completely covered in some article or publication, but they are probably hesitant to do so because it might decrease the amount of total hours reported.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit