Intervention of God in Babel and why allow suffering explication contradiction

by trackregister99 15 Replies latest watchtower bible

• ClassickConcept
    ClassickConcept

Also... If God confused the languages waaaay back then when we were subbosedly "closer to perfection", hence why man lived so long, why do we have the ability to learn other languages? Kinda seems like a loophole the almighty woulda plugged up. We got further from perfection and NOW that we are sooo close to the end we can comunicate to anyone thorugh a translator? Be they human or application. Why would he leave us with such intellect to overcome his grand scheme of diverting the construction of a tower that could never even break the ozone layer? perhaps cuuuuuuz he didnt!

• tootired2care
    tootired2care

The "universal sovereignty" story is not Biblical.

True, but you have to admit it's good PR cover for god's program of allowing suffering for so many mellenia...LOL.

• trackregister99
    trackregister99

Note from december 2013: I've realized that Jehovah let to humans gobern alone under the Satan influence, but under limits. When God has intervened if because that limits.

• BU2B
    BU2B

Good point. If god can intervene because of petty jealousy (he said there will be nothing they CANNOT accomplish if I dont confuse the languages) then why cant he intervene to ohh say stop the holocaust, or maybe the Rwandan genocide. Let me get this straight.. Man builds tall building(must be stopped) but 7,000,000 people gassed, shot, or starved to death is ok.

Even according to the Bible it seems obvious that God wants to stop anything that shows humans can work together in peace to a unified goal, but when there is starvation, genocide, disease, etc he lets it happen because it "proves" we need him. Yeah Jehovah is a real lovable charachter.

• blondie
    blondie

darth frosty, I see there are more bible stories by them...worth investigating

• adamah
    adamah

BU2B said-

Good point. If god can intervene because of petty jealousy (he said there will be nothing they CANNOT accomplish if I dont confuse the languages) then why cant he intervene to ohh say stop the holocaust, or maybe the Rwandan genocide. Let me get this straight.. Man builds tall building(must be stopped) but 7,000,000 people gassed, shot, or starved to death is ok. Even according to the Bible it seems obvious that God wants to stop anything that shows humans can work together in peace to a unified goal, but when there is starvation, genocide, disease, etc he lets it happen because it "proves" we need him. Yeah Jehovah is a real lovable character.

Come on, man, can't you see that God intervened only when He felt threatened, since humans were building a tall tower to reach the ceiling of the firmament, and they had plans to invade Heaven by entering through the windows of the firmament? God had no other choice in the matter, since the humans planned a frontal attack in his home! Much like George Zimmerman, this is clearly a case of God standing his ground!

YES, ancient Hebrews actually believed the flat (and circular) Earth was covered by a dome-shaped metallic roof (think of the roof of the Astrodome, except with the Sun, Moon, and stars attached on tracs); it even had windows thru which angels could drop rain and snow (which were kept in the great storehouses of Heaven, as spoken about in the Book of Job).

This metallic structure covering our Earth is called the 'firmament' (Hebrew word, 'raqia'), as discussed in this article by Paul Seely:

http://faculty.gordon.edu/hu/bi/ted_hildebrandt/otesources/01-genesis/text/articles-books/seely-firmament-wtj.pdf

Later translators changed the firmament to a more nebulous word (like 'expanse'), which we all should be thankful for, since otherwise we'd have a hard time getting to the Moon when the rockets clearly would need to exit and enter through the firmament's windows!

So much for the claim made by the WTBTS, on this page:

http://www.jw.org/en/bible-teachings/questions/bible-wisdom/

"Although written thousands of years ago, the Bible is free of mistaken scientific ideas that had gained wide acceptance in ancient times."

Uh, really?

Adam

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit