Intervention of God in Babel and why allow suffering explication contradiction

by trackregister99 15 Replies latest watchtower bible

• trackregister99
    trackregister99

Hello.

Jehovah witnesses teaches that Adam d ecided autonomous sovereignty and God choose let time elapse for demonstrate whether government is better: human government or divine government, allowing many suffering and blood in thousand years.

But, the human government received an intervention of God when He confused the languages ​​at Babel. This shows that God really does not let humans govern themselves. Since Babel language confusion the human government is not the government that Adam decided for all mankind, because human government was hit by God.

So if God has intervened in human governation, really he not let man shows all capacity in gobernation, when the man would reach a milestone in Babel, God conspired against them. Then, someone can says that Babel went against the purpose of God and therefore not allowed . But the suffering was not God's purpose and God has allowed. Then, really God not left humans to govern alone, because he conspired against them in Babel. God not allow full expression of human governation in Babel, but allow the suffering thousand of years.

My conclusion, really God not left to humans govern alone (since Babel, human governation decided by Adam is no the same, because language pitfall problem was caused by God). God no allow succesful in Babel, but allow the suffering thousand of years. Sorry for my english.

• Island Man
    Island Man

A very excellent point! I will keep it in mind the next time I have opportunity to torment I mean speak with, a JW.

• factfinder
    factfinder

Good points.

Also God sent the devil and demons to the earth and as the Bible says, Satan is the ruler of the world.

Thus it cannot be fully ascertained how well humans would have ruled independed of God because he kept interfering.

• stapler99
    stapler99

The "universal sovereignty" story is not Biblical.

• caroline77
    caroline77

You have read it right, trackregister.

God is still in control of this earth.

He selected Abraham and made promises to him that he would have a lot of descendants, who would be a great nation.

He destroyed Egypt with the 10 plagues.

He made Saul king over Israel, and then David, and then a long line of kings.

He brought trouble on Israel because they were not obeying His laws, and had them conquered by the surrounding nations and carried off into captivity.

He brought some of them back to the land of Israel, but in AD70 He was so angry that He allowed the Romans to drive them out.

He has allowed them to go back to Israel over the last 100 years or so, and the state of Israel was set up in 1948.. but they still do not accept Jesus as their messiah.

Jesus said that there would be a time of trouble in Israel, and then he would return to Jerusalem to rule, and stop wars and violence.

• darth frosty
  • srd
  • Band on the Run
    Band on the Run

Compared to the alternative of complete chaos, human government has achieved great things. We tend to forget public health, scientific research, safe food, highways, roads, traffic lights, ambulances, literacy, the expression of different viewpoints, public gatherings, parks, gardens, bridges, etc.

I needed to find out info from the FTC during the shutdown and could not. Live in a country where the social fabric has broken.

Within my lifetime, vaccines were developed. Many communicable diseases are no more. Treaties work, for the most part, around the globe. Trade tariffs and negotiations happen. Businesses are given legal support in almost all jurisdictions. There are several different forms. Commerce is ordered.

What has the GB accomplished? Not much. I prefer to live in this world of worldly government. Jesus said to render Caesar's things to Caesar. He paid taxes and dined with tax collectors. Jesus even dined with Pharisees.

I believe there never was a Tower of Babel for God to afflict with different languages. Humans developed language around the globe. The migration of languages can be traced just as the migration of religion can be chased.

God is always having temper tantrums. How could the Tower of Babel threaten Almighty God? These are stories, not actual events. They were spun by humans with agendas.

• rmt1
    rmt1

The burden of belief in JW-scale assaults on common sense scales with Moore's Law.

• yadda yadda 2
    yadda yadda 2

Yes, very good point.

So man needs to be given the opportunity to develop a global one-world government, like what Nimrod was trying to achieve with the tower of Babel, before it's finally proven that man cannot rule himself independently without God.

But then again, the 144,000 are human beings ruling from heaven, so man WILL be ruling himself in the millennial reign.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit