Video is up - Grandma pleads with JW Granddaughter

by BONEZZ 60 Replies latest jw friends

• rip van winkle
    rip van winkle

Bonezz, this was so painful and sad to watch.

I haven't any words, only tears.

This is for Grandma Mary Lou

• steve2
    steve2

This is incredibly sad and at the same time it is invasive of the granddaughter's religious beliefs. The shunning policy is cruel and heartless - but I do not think that by publically naming and shaming the granddaughter will help soften her religious stand.

• Bruja-del-Sol
    Bruja-del-Sol

It's so cruel what the WTS demands of their followers... I wish grandma Mary Lou all the best and give her loads of virtual hugs ♥

In my case it's exactly the opposite... my 89 year old grandmother doesn't want to see me anymore. She can't because of her 'conscience'... We've always been very close, but I'm DF'd, so no way I will ever see her again, unless I go back. And that's not an option (even though I've considered it on her behalf, but I know for sure if it was the other way around she would never do the same for me... so I've let go of that idea).

I really hope grandma Mary Lou will get to see her granddaughter before it's too late.

• AnnOMaly
    AnnOMaly

Excellent video! Simple, low-key, yet VERY powerful and moving.

I cannot comprehend the granddaughter's attitude. It certainly isn't Christian. Even by JW standards it's extreme, Pharisaical, letter-of-the-law rather than loving, compassionate or merciful.

"Pure religion and undefiled before God and the Father is this, To visit the fatherless and widows in their affliction, and to keep himself unspotted from the world." - Jas. 1:27 KJV.

Sending your mother a hug and hoping that your daughter wises up before it's too late.

Addendum: Having been one who has tried to do the 'correct' thing with regard to shunning others and was terribly ill-at-ease and stressed doing so because it's going against natural, human feelings or even basic manners, I suspect that this course of action is very painful for your daughter too.

• BONEZZ
    BONEZZ

Thank you again one and all. Just got up and moving this morning.

I'm certain my mom will love all the nice well wishes and thoughts. And Steve2, you are right...it won't change my daughter probably...but it just got to a point where she has been so mean spirited to my parents, her brother and myself that I felt that we had to do something to take a stand rather than continue taking a beating. We literally ran out of cheeks to turn. My mom loved doing it...maybe I can get her on Letterman..lol.

And Clarity...thanks for the Newbies mention, she likes Mary Lou.

I will print your comments for her and read them to her if I have to (she can still read a little in really good light and with very strong glasses but the eyes are fading fast).

-BONEZZ

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

If she's been shunning you for so many years, and let her grandfather die without talking to him already, there seems little hope that she will change her mind. How would you even feel about her if she did talk to you, but purely out of "shame"?

But it's good to let others know what a destructive organization this is. Maybe it will help stop others being drawn in. If so then it's worthwhile.

• poppers
    poppers

That was heart wrenching to watch. Hugs to your grandmother from me.

• carla
    carla

Hugs to Grandma Let her know she is in our thoughts.

Hoping this turns into a 'trending' video on youtube.

• clarity
    clarity

"she likes Mary Lou."

• Watchtower-Free
    Watchtower-Free

I know this is a 100% factual situation because I've seen it many times as a 3rd generation JW not DFed or DAed . And its happening to me just because

I started asking questions about the JWs .

What a disgusting HATEFUL cult .

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit