250,000 Jehovah's Witnesses have died refusing blood

by nicolaou 739 Replies latest watchtower medical

• Iamallcool
    Iamallcool

yep, she made up that f...g number. Noone can count up to 250,000 that quickly.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

Being overtly sensationalistic weakens the point your trying to make and comes off being dismissively untruthful,

in all matters concerning the JWS/WTS.

This doctrine has been in effect for 68 years or more, putting all the facts including that there is better medical procedures

for bloodless surgery these days, the leaser amount in existence of JWS back when this doctrine was first introduced.

To date on average in the last 10 years there were probably only 1000.

Take 100 @ 68 years also keeping in mind the leaser number of JWS back in the 50's, 60's etc.

and you only come up with 6800. far from 250,000.

Not to diminish the severity of this stupidly created doctrine and the damage it has caused so many people.

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

AWAA strikes again. Will someone put it out its misery?

Didn't Marvin come up with a number and explained his reasoning. Was it 50,000? Sounds more feasible.

http://marvinshilmer.blogspot.co.uk/2012/02/more-than-50000-dead.html

• Marvin Shilmer
    Marvin Shilmer

-

The figure of 250,000 is neither sensationalism nor irresponsible. A very, very conservative accounting of deaths due to Watchtower’s blood doctrine since 1961 is 50,000. (See: http://marvinshilmer.blogspot.com/2012/02/more-than-50000-dead.html

But…

- The figure of 50,000 is based on data gathered for years 1998-2007 which period enjoyed tremendous medical advances since 1961.

- The figure of 50,000 is based on data gathered in one of the world’s very best regions for medical assets whereas millions of Jehovah’s Witnesses live in second and third world nations with poor medical resources.

Though I don’t intend to spend time developing a mathematical algorithm to construct a statistical number for deaths since 1961 that accounts for 1) medical practices from 1961 to 1997 and for 2) any increased mortality due to medical assets in lesser world regions, I don’t doubt the figure would easily reach 250,000 over the years of 1961 to now.

Marvin Shilmer

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

I don't personally know anyone who died rejecting blood, only read about cases in the newspapers. Maybe it is common, but it doesn't feel like it.

• designs
    designs

Over the years I knew of several children of JWs who had court ordered transfusions and I bet they are glad to be alive today.

• valkyrie
    valkyrie

I wouldn't be here, if someone had not died after refusing a blood transfusion. I suppose that doesn't count as a firsthand acquaintance, though...

• Scully
    Scully

This is exactly why we need to be documenting these deaths, with references to newspaper articles, etc. I'm all for exposing the loss of life caused by the WTS's anti-blood transfusion policy, but it has to be done with TRUTH, not speculation, not exaggeration and not sensationalism. I'd also suggest including the names of people who committed suicide after having been Disfellowshipped™ and being shunned by people they love.

I'd wager that the actual number would be several times the number of deaths at Jonestown, but still, I want facts.

I remember there was a Watchtower Victims Memorial on the AJWRB site that was supposed to be updated regularly with new names. For whatever reason, the person(s) who initiated it did not continue to update the site.

• Marvin Shilmer
    Marvin Shilmer

-

“I don't personally know anyone who died rejecting blood, only read about cases in the newspapers. Maybe it is common, but it doesn't feel like it.”

The overall number of deaths is easily overlooked and/or unfelt because it is so widely distributed.

Back in 1961 a highly increased rate of mortality due to Watchtower’s blood doctrine could have been as high as 2 deaths annually for every 800-900 JWs and went fairly unnoticed by the JW population because most of these deaths would have occurred in congregations where none of these deaths were known for what they represented.

Another thing that makes the period of 1998 to 2007 different from years 1961 to 1997 is that most of the former period (1998-2007) included a dramatic change in Watchtower doctrine that suddenly allowed transfusion of products like cryo-poor plasma and administration of these blood products is known to have been very successful in reducing mortality of JWs. (See: http://marvinshilmer.blogspot.com/2011/06/outrageous-omission-blood.html

Marvin Shilmer

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

JW Gatherings are becoming Much Quieter..

........................... photo mutley-ani1.gif ...OUTLAW

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit