250,000 Jehovah's Witnesses have died refusing blood

by nicolaou 739 Replies latest watchtower medical

• nicolaou
    nicolaou

80+ Branch Davidian cult members died in Waco, Texas. 250,000+ #JehovahsWitnesses have died refusing blood. Stop this #CULT! #AAWA.co

— Julia Barrick (@JuliaBarrick) October 10, 2013

The above is a tweet I responded to from Julia Barrick. Quite a claim to make I thought, and it might even be true but not a word of proof or a shred of evidence was offered to substantiate this enourmous claim!

I'm ALL for exposing the lies and the lethal doctrines of the Watchtower but throwing out sensational headlines like this doesn't help. Facts matter.

• Terry
    Terry

Highly unlikely.

What per cent of the population are JW's?

What per cent of JW's are in medical crisis?

How many of that fraction are beyond any other kind of treatment?

The number seems to me to be vanishingly small.

Julia Barrick

@JuliaBarrick

AAWA Volunteer, Freelance Writer, Mother of Three, Wife of One. Slave to None.

• tenyearsafter
    tenyearsafter

Sounds like an irresponsible statement to me if it can't be supported by fact!

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

Nic , I agree 100%.

Probably the world of Twitter is not too concerned with facts, but active JW's , if they find out it was only 220,000 or something, (only ????) will dismiss the whole thing. And the world's Media will reject this too, and give it no coverage, sadly, rightly so.

This is hypocritical of JW's to take this view, to dismiss the problem because the issue is badly presented, because they are the people on Earth who are the least concerned about facts and truth.

We know on here of course, that just ONE death because of the false and murderous doctrine on the use of blood by the WT/JW's is one death too many.

The doctrine was never justifiable if you really understand the Bible, and as it stands now, fractions for goodness sake, is incomprehensible, even by the most avid JW.

It is time the WT was stopped from murdering the innocents, but this is a poor way to do it.

Julia B, do some Homework, and present a really devastating case.

• Terry
    Terry

https://twitter.com/JuliaBarrick

After sorting through the thread it looks like flame war content in progress. And we know how that goes. Zeal, enthusiasm, adrenal glands and hyperbole.

But, I'm willing to be wrong if there are verifiable statistics.

• Justitia Themis
    Justitia Themis

Here is a link to the group's (AAWA) webpage: http://aawa.co/mission-statement/

The following is a quote from its mission statement: However, it also seeks to ensure that all of its activities [exposing the Watchtower] are pursued in a responsible and productive manner.

Her tweet certainly isn't supporting the group's mission to act responsibly.

• designs
    designs

I only know of two persnally who died from lack of blood, a sister and new mother who bled to death during delivery and my dad.

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

So ? is it not a problem then Designs, just because so few that you knew personally were victims of the WT doctrine that is indefensible ?

I don't think you meant to give that impression, as you lost your dad to the WT's terrible policy, and I feel for you.

So many have lost loved ones to this, and the WT in its cold hearted calculating way tries to reverse out of the doctrine so as not to be sued in Court.

Bloody Hell, if they lose money in Court it is hardly "compensation", and the money would come from donations made by the poor victims !

They are a disgusting money-grubbing , murderous Cult.

• designs
    designs

No, the number of deaths may very well be in the thousands especially if you go back to the 1950s. When a figure like 250,000 is given without support it is rightly open to criticism from those inside the Org. and those outside who want realistic numbers to properly assess what is going on and for any legal actions.

I cite my own experience because that is all I can verify.

• Crazyguy
    Crazyguy

Someone took the numbers from a study done in New Zealand about babies born with Anemia, and the mortality rate difference between those who got transfusions and those that did not. Then applied that number or ratio to the amount of JW's world wide from 1960 i think until recently and calculated conservatively that over 50,000 JW babies have died during this time. Take that figure and add all the ones that have been in accidents or have had major issues with surgery and other problems that might require a major bllod transfusion and we may find the number approaching 100-150,000+

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit